Apologies for this pun, but, hot on the heels of the reveal for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4's Blackout battle royale mode, EA has released a handful of details and given an official name to the battle royale mode coming to Battlefield 5: Firestorm. The mode maxes at at 64 players broken into 16 squads of four, there are objectives in the mode that players will need to secure in order to access better and rare gear, and Firestorm features the largest Battlefield map to date.
The official post on the Battlefield website states the Firestorm squads can contain "up to" four players, so it looks like players will be able to queue up with smaller numbers or even solo. Will the player have to face off against squads? That remains to be seen. The objectives in the mode are similar to Conquest, but will be a mix of fixed objectives and randomly generated ones. Once secured, they will yield supplies, weapons, and vehicles of varying types. Tanks are included in Firestorm, but they aren't invincible.
Preorders are live as of today and one of the bonuses is the Firestorm Ranger set. It features unique goggles, fatigues, and an MKIII(S) elite combat dagger and they can all be used outside of the Firestorm game mode. That's only the tip of the iceberg for Battlefield 5 preorders, though:
- Paratrooper Outfit: Once Battlefield V launches, choose one of eight Special Soldier Sets available in the game to customize your troops.
- Special Assignments: Earn rewards and get an edge over the competition when you complete Special Assignments.
- Immediate Access to Five Battlefield 1 Weapons: Unlock some of the Great War’s most modern weapons for use in Battlefield 1, as you bridge the interwar period on the road to Battlefield V.
- Early Access to Battlefield V Base Game: Be among the first to dictate the fight and play the Battlefield V base game.
- Five Sets of Paratrooper Outfits: Choose Special Soldier Sets from the eight available when deploying as the British Special Air Service or German Airborne troops.
- Special Assignments: Get rolling with Assignments inspired by the British Special Air Service’s true-to-life raids on German air bases, and ones based on the defense of airfields on the North African coastline by the German Fallschirmjäger troops, as well as Starter Assignments providing more ways to test your skills on the battlefield and earn rewards.
- 20 Weekly Items with Airlift: Receive vital supplies with 20 weekly Airlifts, each containing one customization item.
Battlefield 5 launches October 19, 2018, on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. The Enlister edition serves as the standard edition for preorders and costs $59.99. The Deluxe edition is $79.99. Stay tuned to Shacknews for additional updates.