While Super Smash Bros. may have popularized the platform brawling genre, new competitors are bringing their own flavor of fun to the madness. One of the more intriguing of these projects comes by way of publisher Digital Smash and KwaKwa Games. Splash Blast Panic invites you to use water guns and your wits to knock your opponents of the fighting platform by any means necessary. This four-player brawler will be launching on PS4, Xbox One, and PC August 28.
Drawing inspiration from the arcades we grew up in and modern competitive party games, Splash Blast Panic promises to ruin friendships with its wide variety of water weapons and gimmick-filled stages. The game supports local and online multiplayer modes (in case you need to wet your friends from afar).
The full feature rundown is as follows:
- Up to 4 player multiplayer, in various forms of free for all or team-based matches, with a lot of control over match options for your personal liking!
- Unique levels providing environmental challenges to overcome while still trying to get your opponents outside the ring. With the addition of a big selection of offensive and defensive items so you can baffle your adversary at the last second.
- A heart pounding soundtrack composed by Mitch Gasser and an insane sound landscape by Julien Mathey
- Arcade mode single player, for more stages and characters unlocks as well as other little secrets. And also to master your skills in your free time so you can become "that guy".
- Colourful hand-drawn graphics mixed with an old arcadey feel, accessible for both new players and with little intricacies for more advanced and skilled gamers.
Digital Smash’s President, David Klein says, “We’re proud to be a resource for developers to publish great games on additional platforms and into new markets. There’s a lot of love and hard work that goes into making games, and that kind of indie talent needs to be showcased and nurtured. That’s why we get behind fun titles like Splash Blast Panic.”