Fortnite’s Battle Royale mode is going to be a little bit more explosive thanks to Content Update 5.10 and its new Limited Time Mode, Fly Explosives. As the name suggests, for a limited time players can take to the skies in a new mode that features the previously-vaulted jetpack and the notoriously overpowered guided missile – though the latter is now toned down to stop it from being a doomsday weapon.
The guided missile isn’t just relegated to the LTM, it will be added to the full Battle Royale experience, so keep your ears peeled for the dreaded sound of a missile coming your way. Battle Royale players aren’t the only ones receiving new content, those will the full game and access to Save the World will now be able to get their hands on the Spyglass Sniper Rifle, a snazzy-lookin’ sniper that is a part of the Flintlock Weapon set.
Make sure you know how to clear the Week 3 Challenges in Fortnite, like where to find the clay pigeons and the locations of all the birthday cakes so you can unlock some of those awesome emotes and skins.
Fortnite Content Update 5.10
This week kicks off with a new LTM, Fly Explosives. It’s all about jetpacks, explosives, and complete cartoon chaos. Take flight with your team and seize Victory Royale.
The Guided Missile is back from the Vault and dropping into Battle Royale this update! In its time away, the Guided Missile has been tweaked and tuned down as it was too strong upon its initial release.
Players in Save the World can now get their hands on the new Spyglass Sniper Rifle. It debuts in the Weekly Store August 1, at 8 PM ET.
Guided Missile (Battle Royale)
The Guided Missile returns from the Vault! Scan the battlefield from above, weave through obstacles, and rocket ride teammates into the action.
Fly Explosives (Battle Royale)
BOOM! The new Fly Explosives Limited Time Mode is here and it’s a blast for the whole squad. Use Jetpacks to fly above your foes and rain down in this explosives only game mode.
Spyglass Sniper Rifle (Save the World)
Husks don’t stand a chance against this newest addition to the Flintlock Weapon set. This powerful single shot sniper packs a punch, so hold on tight as you take aim and fire.
Fortnite Battle Royale
LIMITED TIME MODE: FLY EXPLOSIVES
This mode combines the explosive fun of the High Explosives LTM and the vaulted Limited Time Item Jetpack. Take to the skies and blast everyone else back to the lobby!
- Only Explosive Weapons can be found in this mode.
- Floor Loot spawners will occasionally spawn Jetpacks.
- Fly Explosives Jetpacks have increased fuel regen rate & decreased burn rate compared to Default Jetpacks, to keep pilots in the sky a bit longer.
- Between-storm wait times have been reduced due to players needing less time to find adequate loot (avg. match length should be lower than 20m).
- Rocket Ammunition capped at 120.
- Profile Stats (K/D & Wins) are tracked in this mode.
LIMITED TIME MODE: PLAYGROUND
- The Vaulted Jetpack has been enabled for the duration of the Fly Explosives LTM.
- Guided Missile has been enabled.
- Consumable Healing Item spawn rates have been normalized by lowering Chug Jug & shield spawn rates.
- Bandages have been removed.
- This is to raise the chance of spawning healing items that get players to full health & shields.
- Nameplates will no longer appear for members of the opposite team.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Guided Missile returns!
- Available in Epic and Legendary variants.
- Fuse duration reduced from 18 to 15 seconds.
- Movement Speed decreased from 1100 to 1000.
- Reload time increased to 2.4/2.2.
- Reduced player damage from 105/110 down to 74/77 damage.
- Reduced structure damage down from 1100 to 400.
- Explosions now damage structures with no regard for Line of Sight.
- Guided Missile can also be controlled via keyboard using the default movement inputs.
- The issues with Slurp Juice have been fixed and it can once again be looted in-game.
- iOS players will have a larger than normal update to download (2gb).
Save the World
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Spyglass Sniper Rifle added to the Weekly Store
- An accurate, high-powered, scoped sniper rifle with a single round per magazine that kicks like a mule.
- Available Wednesday, August 1 at 8:00 PM ET until Wednesday, August 8 at 8:00 PM ET.
Source: Epic Games
While the jetpack is only going to be available while the Limited Time Mode is up, at least the guided missile has found its way out of the vault and back onto the battlefield. Soak up as much time in the air as possible, as Fly Explosives is only going to be around for a short time in Fortnite!