In Fortnite, the game is about to change in a big way. Jetpacks were delayed back in February and replaced with a new hunting rifle, but the high-flying accessory is finally here. In addition to introducing the new backpack item in update 4.2, the all-legendary-drops limited time event returns for round two with a shotgun and jetpack event coming this weekend.
Something of note that comes with the addition of the jetpack is the introduction of the "backpack" item type. This first addition changes things up along by giving players limited flight in the Battle Royale mode for Fortnite, but could open up the door for more gameplay modifications in the future. Could there be some ghostbusting in the Save The World mode? One could hope.
The full patch notes for Fortnite v4.2 can be found on the official website, but we've got the highlights below:
Patch Note Highlights
- Jetpack added
- Legendary rarity
- Found in treasure chests
- The first of new "Backpack" items:
Onlyone carried at a time, takesan inventory slot, can be moved to different positions, cannot be used alongside targeting mode
- Limited Time Mode: Solid Gold v2
- All weapon drops are legendary
- 50% extra stone and metal resources gained from farming
- Limited Time Mode: Close Encounters (available Friday, May 25)
- Shotgun & Jetpack combat
Save The World
- Doubled weekly limit for flux in the weekly store (available Wednesday, May 23)
- Archaeolo-Jess, a new outlander hero, added to the event store (available Wednesday, May 23)
Stay tuned to Shacknews for more updates!