Like Fortnite, a comet has been streaking toward the world of Darkest Dungeon and we now know when it will land. In The Color of Madness, a shard of alien origin will crash into the old Miller's farm on June 19th, 2018, bringing with it some maddening and twisted new features.
Darkest Dungeon is a gothic roguelike RPG that has gained a reputation as one of the most grueling and challenging games around. In it, you recruit, train, and lead a party of heroes that will have to take on horrors while managing their own incredible flaws.
The features for the new expansion to Darkest Dungeon are listed as follows on the official The Color of Madness Steam page:
- New region: The Farmstead!
- Endless Quest: Survive as long as you can while getting lost in time and space, confronted by unending waves of enemies new and old, pushing ever closer to the crash site of the Comet.
- Twisted new trinkets, available for purchase from the Jeweler. Put your gold away—he trades only in Comet Shards!
- All-New Enemy Faction: The Miller and his loyal workmen have become eerie husks of their former selves.
- 3 new bosses - The Miller, The Thing From the Stars, and the Comet itself!
- New Curios help keep your party in fighting shape as you face the endless hordes!
- Expand your Hamlet with 4 new District buildings and reap their benefits.
- New Quirks, with unique and powerful effects!
- Our biggest soundtrack addition yet from Stuart Chatwood
The Color of Madness DLC will carry a $4.99 price tag and does require the base Darkest Dungeon game to play. The Endless Quest brings wave-based survival to Darkest Dungeon and takes place in the new Farmstead play area, but will feature enemies from other regions of the Estate. There will be new consumables that can be purchased between waves and you can track your kill count to compare with friends.
Look for the new Darkest Dungeon DLC on June 19, 2018, and stay tuned to Shacknews for more updates.
Charles Singletary posted a new article, Darkest Dungeon's DLC The Color of Madness Has A Release Date
I wonder if they're adding in any QoL improvements on top of the new features.
The game will indicate when it deliberately fucks your rolls by briefly replacing the torch icon with a middle finger icon.
$5 seems reasonable. I was expecting it to be higher, but I'm far from an expert on such things.