Far Cry 5’s Update 1.04 has gone live on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 consoles, fixing some bugs, ironing out some wrinkles, and generally making life in Hope County a little more stable (for the players). PC players have already been experiencing the patch for a few days now, and with the two consoles updated, everyone should hopefully be having a better time.
Below are the patch notes for Update 1.04 as seen on the Ubisoft forums. As you can see, a lot of the fixes address performance struggles and silver bar purchases, and even improve co-op functionality.
Stability & Performance
- Fixed low occurrence crashes and walkthrough breaks
- Additional quality bug fixes
- Fixed low occurrence save corruption
Companion, Enemy, & Animal AI
- Fixed low repro AI issues
Design & Mission Progression
- Fixed issues preventing silver bar purchase
- Fixed minor bugs
Gameplay & UI
- Fixed minor bugs
COOP and Online
- Improved COOP connectivity
- Fixed low occurrence COOP specific walkthrough breaks
- Fixed voice communication issue where players could be permanently muted
- Hurk was blowing up the client player when in a helicopter, fixed that.
Far Cry Arcade
- Improved map download efficiency
- Fixed various Arcade gameplay issues
- Fixed issue where map textures would be extremely low
- Improved PVP matchmaking
- Fixed lobby loadout selection and map selection issues
- Fixed issue with Arcade Editor crashes
This patch is likely going to be one of many moving forward with Far Cry 5, especially as Ubisoft continues to support their game that has broken franchise records. Aside from bug squashing and error fixing, Ubisoft are also keeping things fresh through live events, the most recent of which was the Well Done Challenge that tasked players with setting animals on fire.
We’ve spent a fair amount of time liberating Hope County, so much so that we’ve got our own Far Cry 5 Guide hub for anyone who wants to find, kill, unlock, or destroy everything that’s humanly possible. Keep it locked to Shacknews for all your latest Far Cry 5 info!