NVIDIA Releases 391.35 Game Ready Driver For Far Cry 5
Don’t try to save the denizens of Hope County without this new GeForce driver from NVIDIA.
Far Cry 5 finally arrives today and brings an intriguing mix of chaos and beauty to PC gaming. As with most major PC releases, Far Cry 5 is getting the Game Ready driver treatment from NVIDIA. This new driver for GeForce graphics cards is recommended to give end users the best possible experience when cleaning up Hope County. The WHQL driver 391.35 also provides SLI profiles for GRIP and WRC 7.
In addition to the enhancements for Far Cry 5, this new driver brings along the usual assortment of big fixes and known issues. The full patch notes are listed below:
- GeForce 3D Profile Manager tool can’t import profiles. 
- [GeForce Experience]: Memory leak occurs leading to poor game performance when using NVIDIA Freestyle. 
- [NVIDIA Control Panel][SLI][Diablo III]: With V-Sync on and SLI enabled, the game freezes after switching windows (ALT+TAB) a few times. 
- [Notebook]: The driver may fail to initialize the GPU. 
Security Updates in this Release
- CVE-2018-6247 Vulnerability in the kernel mode layer (nvlddmkm.sys) handler for DxgkDdiEscape where a NULL pointer dereference may lead to Denial of Service or Escalation of Privileges.
- CVE-2018-6248 Vulnerability in the kernel mode layer handler for DxgkDdiEscape where the software uses a sequential operation to read or write a buffer, but it uses an incorrect length value that causes it to access memory that is outside of the bounds of the buffer which may lead to denial of service or possible escalation of privileges.
- CVE-2018-6249 Vulnerability in kernel mode layer handler where a NULL pointer dereference may lead to denial of service or potential escalation of privileges.
- CVE-2018-6250 Vulnerability in the kernel mode layer (nvlddmkm.sys) handler for DxgkDdiEscape where a NULL pointer dereference occurs which may lead to denial of service or possible escalation of privileges.
- CVE-2018-6251 Vulnerability in Directx 10 Usermode driver, where specially crafted pixel shader can cause writing to unallocated memory which may lead to denial of service or potential code execution.
- CVE-2018-6252 Vulnerability in the kernel mode layer handler for DxgkDdiEscape where the software allows an actor access to restricted functionality that is unnecessary to production usage, and which may result in denial of service.
- CVE-2018-6253 Vulnerability in DirectX and OpenGL Usermode drivers where specially crafted pixel shader can cause infinite recursion which may lead to denial of service.
- [Far Cry 5]: Green flickering occurs in the game when using HDR with non-native resolution. To work around, either quit and then restart the game while in the desired resolution, or press [Alt+tab] away from and then back to the game, or press [Alt+Enter] to switch to windowed mode and then back to full-screen mode.
- [NVIDIA TITAN V][G-Sync]: G-Sync displays may go blank when switching between different overclocked memory clocks multiple times. 
- [SLI][GeForce GTX 780 Ti]: There is no display output when connecting the DisplayPort and two DVI monitors. 
- [GeForce TITAN (Kepler-based)]: The OS fails after installing the graphics card on a Threadripper-enabled motherboard. 
- [Pascal GPUs][Gears of War 4]: Blue-screen crash may occur while playing the game. 
- [GeForce GTX 1080 Ti][Doom]: The game crashes due to the driver reverting to OpenGL 1.1 when HDR is enabled. 
Once you get your drivers updated and are ready to hop into Far Cry 5, be sure to check out our guides and walkthrough. You can download the new drivers below:
Chris Jarrard posted a new article, NVIDIA Releases 391.35 Game Ready Driver For Far Cry 5
Okay, but is it really too much to think that when a game news place gets a story from one of the two in a duopoly, they might check out what is going on with the other company?
I didn't post it as a criticism initially, just information for those people who don't have Nvidia cards noting that AMD did the same thing. Seems like a rather easy thing to check and add in.