One of the ways that Shacknews is able to focus its efforts on reader interest is by poking around the internet to see what sort of questions people are asking. Most queries are pretty straightforward, and the resulting solutions often are too. With that said, every once in a while people start asking about things in a sideways or erroneous manner, and these occasions often lead to humorous results. In this case, some players diving into Rare's recent release Sea of Thieves are getting plagued by the dreaded CinnamonBeard error. However, in their attempt to find a solution online, they wind up inadvertently finding results for cinnamon bread recipes.
This is one such result.
CinnamonBeard's Cinnamon Bread with Rum Frosting
Your basic cinnamon bread is a loaf formed from a soft dough of unbleached all-purpose flour mixed with a bit of cinnamon, sugar, and butter. Making it is fairly simple process so far as baking is concerned, and hungry players with a decently stocked kitchen should find the essential ingredients in ready supply.
• 2 1/2 tablespoons (1 packet) active dry yeast or instant yeast
• 3 cups of all-purpose flour
• 1 cup of lukewarm water
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 3 tablespoons brown sugar
• 3 tablespoons of room-temperature salted butter
• 1/4 granulated sugar
• 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
• 1 cup softened unsalted butter
• 5 cups powdered sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
• 5 tablespoons spiced rum
• Place the water into a bowl and sprinkle in the yeast. Wait five or so minutes for the yeast to proof.
• Stir in the flour, sugar, salt, and butter, then beat with a mixer on the medium setting for about three minutes. Add flour as needed.
• Knead the dough on a floured surface, adding more flour as needed, until dough is properly smooth.
• Place the dough into a greased bowl and into a warm oven; let it rise until doubled, around 40 minutes.
• Press and form the dough into a rectangle-shaped sheet around 8 inches wide and one quarter inch thick.
• Brush the dough with melted butter, then sprinkle with granulated sugar and ground cinnamon.
• Starting from the more narrow side, roll the dough over into a log-like shape.
• Place the dough into a loaf pan coated with non-stick spray, cover with plastic wrap, and then allow it to double in size again, about 30 minutes.
• Move the dough into the oven and bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 40 or 45 minutes.
• Once cooled, top with rum frosting as desired.
• Whip the softened butter using a whisk or beater, pouring in the powdered sugar slowly one cup at a time.
• When half the powdered sugar has been added, whisk in the cinnamon and the rum.
• Whisk in the remaining powdered sugar, adding more sugar or more rum to achieve the consistency desired.
Now that your Cinnamon Bread is ready, hopefully the CinnamonBeard error has disappeared. Go forth boldly into the open sea, and be sure to check back with Shacknews for all your Sea of Thieves needs.
Kevin Tucker posted a new article, Enjoy Sea of Thieves With This Cinnamon Bread
Hahahaha I love this article
Delicious error codes
This is hilarious and amazing
I love it.. tho now I want cinnamon bread D:
I'll make this and report back.
Haha this is awesome.