Other than daily server maintenance, Hunt: Showdown continues to receive frequent hotfixes and updates from its developer, Crytek. The latest update for Hunt: Showdown is Hotfix #2, a small patch that will hopefully help those suffering from the dreaded hunter reset problem or connectivity issues.
This hotfix is relatively small in size, clocking in at 200MB, so it shouldn’t put too much of a drain on your data. For those just joining us on the hunting adventure, Update 0.5 has recently been released, which has addressed several of the issues that were plaguing the game.
Hunt: Showdown Hotfix #2
0x30001 tentative hotfix:
With this hotfix, we have applied a tentative fix for the most common disconnection error 0x30001:
- The client connects to both the backend and the dedicated server. While the dedicated server connection is mandatory, the backend is optional and a dropped connection to the backend was resulting in frequent 0x30001 error messages. A new message will be displayed if the connection to the backend is lost. If this occurs, features such as the in-game text chat will stop functioning, but you will no longer be kicked from the match and lose your Hunter. We will be looking into a “reconnect to the backend” while in game in the future.
- The client will now wait for up to 10 seconds for mission results. Previously, it was not waiting and the results encountered a delay when communicating between client and server, which would result in the default message: “DUE TO AN ERROR THE SERVER WAS RESET. YOUR HUNTER IS STILL ALIVE AND HAS BEEN RESET TO THE PRE-MISSION STATUS”
- The following message will appear if these scenarios are encountered:
- Mission results did not arrive to the client after 10 seconds
- The dedicated server has crashed
- New messaging: “CANNOT DISPLAY MISSION SUMMARY AT THIS TIME. THIS MAY RELATE TO A TIMEOUT OR A CRASH OF THE DEDICATED SERVER. YOU MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE LOST YOUR CURRENT HUNTER. WE DEEPLY APOLOGIZE FOR THIS INCONVENIENCE.”
We will investigate the possibility to provide more details with these error messages in the near future.
We have also fixed an issue that was causing the Steam leaderboard to not display the correct information. From here you can check your standings for your 'Banishing Streak', 'Total Bounty collected' and 'Kill streak'.
Please note that not all features are functional. You currently cannot compare with friends but we will be working to resolve this as soon as possible.
- Sometimes a second summary screen “No event logged” can appear right after closing the first one. This does not have any impact on your progression/bloodline
While there aren’t any further details on the hunter reset problem, there is at least a temporary fix in place while the team continues to investigate the problem. Keeping a hunter alive and leveling them up is hard enough without the threat of having them wiped if the service experiences a hiccup. You can read the Hunt: Showdown Hotfix #2 on their Steam Community page. Hunt: Showdown is a bold new title, so hopefully it continues to gain traction.