The PUBG train refuses to be derailed. I am convinced that there is no way to slow it down and it will end up being like Snowpiercer and run forever, or at least until Captain America gets tired of eating roach bars and decides to kill Radio’s coach. In the meantime, developer Bluehole is readying up the latest patch and has plans to deploy it to the live servers tonight.
The official Battlegrounds Twitter account made the announcement in the wee hours of the morning that servers will come down at 9PM eastern (6PM pacific) for maintenance and to implement the fourth patch for PUBG since it officially went 1.0 back in late December.
PC players, we will be moving the current test build to our live servers on Jan 31 6PM PST/ Feb 1 3AM CET. The maintenance is expected to last 2 hours. New leaderboard season will be opened once the servers go live again. You can read the patch notes here: https://t.co/WytmUlsDCy— PLAY BATTLEGROUNDS (@PUBATTLEGROUNDS) January 31, 2018
As for what to expect from the fourth update, players can look forward to desert map Miramar getting a pretty serious balance pass. New structures are being added to help fill in some sparse areas of the map and loot distribution is also receiving some attention. This news should be of interest to the knuckleheads who despised playing on Miramar so much they resorted to deleting the map files from their PUBG installation to prevent being loaded into matches on the desert wasteland.
For the super fans and the sticklers for detail, the full patch notes are listed below:
- Added more buildings and cover across the map to improve the engagement experience
- Added more off-road routes for easier vehicle navigation
- Upgraded the item spawn level of certain areas for loot balancing (some areas will spawn better loot)
- The replay system has now been updated to a newer version and past replay files cannot be played anymore
- Fixed the issue where heal and boost items could be used underwater
- Fixed the issue where characters would get stuck in certain areas on Miramar
- Fixed the issue where wall textures on some Miramar buildings were not displaying correctly
- Fixed the issue where certain buildings nearby Hacienda del Patron were not displaying correctly
Chris Jarrard posted a new article, PUBG 1.0 Gets Fourth Patch Tonight, Brings Miramar Changes
Yes the patch window is terrible timing for us USA gaming dads.
I feel like Shacknews is becoming PUBG. The circle keeps getting smaller and people are getting more aggressive.
I'm still hiding in the bathroom