Fortnite's Fortnitemares event has come to an end, but Epic Games' sandbox survival carries on with a whole new update. This one should be of particular interest to Xbox One X owners, but Epic has a little something for everyone else, too. So what's the biggest addition?
That's right, it's time for Smoke Grenades to hit the Fortntie Battle Royale mode. This is a non-lethal grenade that goes up in a puff of white smoke, obstructing enemy vision. Look for this object to randomly spawn as floor loot or show up across any container type.
Meanwhile, Save the World mode players will get some new Vindertech Weapons. These include:
- Pulsar: Accurate burst assault rifle.
- Burster: Pistol that fires powerful 3-shot bursts.
- Blazer: Rapid-fire machine pistol.
- Disintegrator Shotgun that fires balls of plasma.
- Jolter Energy sniper rifle.
- Blaster Powerful scoped heavy pistol.
- Slammer: High-speed rocket hammer.
- Sever: Light energy axe with a fast attack speed.
- Slicer Medium energy sword.
These weapons can be earned via event quests and event llamas.
And of course, there are the aforementioned improvements for Xbox One X. That means a major resolution boost, giving Xbox One X owners a comparable experience to PC users running "Epic" quality.
The Fortnite 1.91 patch is now live. For the full patch notes, visit the Epic Games website.