In August of this year, Twitch unleashed the first wave of events that will be taking place at TwitchCon 2017, including 80 sessions centered on gaming, education, partners, and affiliates. Now Twitch has revealed the full list of sponsors and activities, nearly doubling the content of 2016’s TwitchCon.
Twitch sent out a press release detailing the sponsors for the upcoming annual TwitchCon and also shared a massive chunk of sections and esport activities attendees will be able to experience. There’s a space for live painting, PUBG contests, Hearthstone competitions, and there’s even a 21+ lounge sponsors by Bud Light in the esports space.
Twitch has been incredibly active as we get closer to TwitchCon. The company recently announced their Extensions program and SUBtember is in full swing, allowing viewers to support great creators like the ones in this list for half the price. There's also a drive going on currently that's a partnership with the Extra Life charity and it ends in a few days on September 19, so go and give what you can.
TwitchCon 2017 will take place on October 20th to the 22nd at the Long Beach Convention and Entertainment Center in Long Beach, CA. Tickets, which are available here, are $89.99 for a single day pass and $179.99 for a three-day pass. Get familiar with some Twitch stars by checking out our interviews with a few while at PAX West last year. Below you can find the full list of new announcements:
- Platinum Sponsor: Netmarble Games is the fastest growing game company in Asia and the largest mobile game company in South Korea. With several No.1 games in its portfolio, its Lineage 2: Revolution was a smash hit in South Korea, becoming the No.1 game for over 6 months, and also took Asia by storm dominating in 12 countries including Japan and Taiwan. With its global launch coming up, Netmarble will be showcasing Lineage 2: Revolution at booth #522 and on the TwitchCon Esports Stage.
- Gold Sponsor: Cygames, the publisher and developer of Shadowverse, will be showcasing the hit digital card game at their booth #534 and on the TwitchCon Esports Stage. Shadowverse has established itself as Japan’s leading strategic card game and esports title, and it is the ONLY card game (that Cygames knows of) that features a huge annoying carrot.
- Silver Sponsor: Razer™ is a leading lifestyle brand for gaming hardware, software and systems with over 35 million users and one of the most recognized logos in the global gaming community. Visit booth #938 at the Twitch Prime LAN for their latest announcements.
- Silver Sponsor: Wavedash Games is developing Icons: Combat Arena, a genre-defining platform fighter that is community focused, competition ready, and as fun to watch as it is to play. Swing by booth #438 to check it out.
Exhibitor Hall + Other Area Activities
- Expo Floor: This year’s Expo Floor features a wide range of notable publishers and developers, such as Ubisoft, Epic Games, Nexon M, Blizzard Entertainment, Hi-Rez Studios, Jackbox Games, Trion Worlds, Digital Extremes, Studio Wildcard, and Devolver Digital. There will also be showcases featuring the latest hardware and software from Alienware, Intel, CORSAIR, Oculus, Lenovo, Xsplit, HP Omen, and Toshiba. Visit TwitchCon.com to view additional games, hardware, and software exhibitors.
- TwitchCon: The Party, presented By H1Z1: In the spirit of Halloween, TwitchCon will be taking over the entire harbor and the Queen Mary for an epic Dark Harbor party on Saturday, October 21. All Saturday and 3-day badge holders will have free admission to the party which includes gaming stations, rides, haunted mazes, concession stands, and more.
- Twitch Prime LAN: Twitch Prime will be hosting some of the community’s favorite games all weekend long, including titles with exclusive content that Twitch Prime members can get right now. Be sure to visit the LAN for giveaways for TwitchCon attendees and check the TwitchCon mobile app for a full schedule of games.
- World of Warcraft Community Art Exhibition:The art of Azeroth invades TwitchCon! Explore an interactive World of Warcraft art exhibit featuring pieces by talented community creators from around the world. Attendees will also get to watch artists in action—and root for their favorite faction—as they bring the heroes of the Horde and the Alliance to life LIVE on a pair of canvases on-site.
- TwitchCon Arcade presented by Child’s Play: This popular area returns for its second year, featuring arcade fun all weekend long with feature tournaments and a livestream hosted by pinball star Jack Danger of Dead_Flip.
- TwitchCon Charity Plaza presented by Tiltify: This zone features 10 charities that have been supported by Twitch creators over the past year, as well as ushering in the return of the popular TwitchCon Charity Decathlon.
- Intel Streamer Zone: Since many of the most popular Twitch creators are attending TwitchCon, Twitch has partnered with Intel to set up state of the art stations to let them stream live from the show floor, complete with audio from Turtle Beach. Full schedule TBA.
- Streamer Station, Presented by Turtle Beach: In order to accommodate Partners, Affiliates, and attendees who want to livestream from TwitchCon 2017, Turtle Beach is providing an additional area complete with PC rigs featuring keyboards and mice from CORSAIR.
- Streamer Workshop:Since learning is a key part of the show, the Streamer Workshop highlights products and services beneficial to creators. Participants in the Streamer Workshops area include GameWisp, StreamElements, Opera Event, Tobii Gaming, Blue Microphones, XSplit. Player.Me,StreamHatchet, and Lightstream. Find these folks onsite or tune into the TwitchCon Indie/Workshop stream live from the show to see live demonstrations as well.
- Indie District: Twitch fans and creators love indie and mobile games, with this area designed to highlight select titles. Among the many featured developers are BANDAI NAMCO, Exato Games, Novaquark, Secret Cow Level, Holospark, Finji, Whimsy Games, Craftven, Pocketwatch Games, Visionary Realms, Sensible Object, nWay, Klabater, Doborog Games, and Versus Evil. Play with these developers onsite or tune into the TwitchCon Indie/Workshop stream to see live demonstrations.
- Creative Corner: The Creative Corner is even bigger this year, featuring a gallery of broadcaster creations, live painting, and an Artist Alley. Attendees can purchase prints, paintings, drawings, and more from over 70 different artists.
- The Bob Ross Paint-Along: This popular painting event returns and will be held on 10/21 from 12:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. The class is taught by CRI Friday regular Nic Hankins and is available for free to the first 300 students to arrive. Check in at the Bob Ross booth #1551 in Creative Corner for more details, while online viewers can grab their paints and participate remotely by tuning into Twitch Presents.
- Glitch Stage: TwitchCon’s main stage for marquee content is back, beginning with the TwitchCon keynote to open the weekend. It will also feature other favorites like the Cosplay Contest, Talent Show, PJSaltan of Stream Finals, Comedy Roasts, Streamer Showdown, and the Twitch Yearly retrospective to wrap up the show.
- TwitchPresents Stage: This is a showcase for hand-selected content featuring some of the most entertaining groups on Twitch. Expected highlights include some of your favorite role players, talk show hosts, and more! Watch for a complete schedule announcement coming soon.
- TableTop Area: Boardgames, card games, and social games are a favorite pastime for attendees to relax and play tournaments together in the Tabletop Area.
- Kappa Cabana Lounge: This outdoor festival area for attendees 21+ features lawn games, beverages, and music from NoCopyRightSounds.
- H1Z1 Arena: The H1Z1 Invitational is back and bigger than ever! The massive H1Z1 Arena will be featuring fun activities and the Invitational all weekend, this time with three tournaments: All-Stars, Legends and Challengers. Win a spot in the Challengers on-site or watch the spectacle unfold as popular streamers, esports players, and fellow attendees battle it out live for over $500K in cash prize pools.
- Lineage 2: Revolution 30 vs 30 Fortress Siege Showcase: Platinum sponsor Netmarble Games will be showcasing an epic 30 vs 30 fortress siege on the Esports Stage on 10/20 from 5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. PT. Don’t miss the epic battle! The game will also be featured on the showfloor. Visit booth #522 for more information.
- Power Rangers: Legacy Wars Showdown - Join publisher nWay at booth IND#3 in the Indie District and play for your chance to battle in the Power Rangers: Legacy Wars Showdown and a fistful of cash plus bragging rights. Catch all the action online or onsite at the Esports Stage on 10/20 from 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m PT.
- OMEN Challenge: PUBG Edition: Join OMEN by HP and your favorite PLAYERUNKNOWN BATTLEGROUNDS streamers as they battle it out for that delicious chicken dinner in this year’s OMEN Challenge. Visit Booth #500 for details and tune in on 10/21 from 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. PT on the Omen by HP Channel.
- Shadowverse Showdown: Legendary pro gamer Justin Wong and other celebrity streamers will be showing off their card gaming skills at the Shadowverse Showdown, a special team tournament that will take place on 10/21 from 12:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. PT
- 1v1 Challenge and Team Dignitas Showdown, presented by Buffalo Wild Wings: Attendees can sign up to play in an amateur League of Legends 1v1 tournament at the TwitchCon Esports Stage on 10/22. Participants will receive gift bags and a chance to win a grand prize. The segment on stage will also feature a Showdown match between two Team Dignitas players.
- Twitch Prime Presents: The Hearthstone Oktoberbrawl Final Skirmish: Oktoberbrawl is a special event that kicked off in early September featuring two teams of Hearthstone luminaries facing off in weekly grudge matches with the final showdown happening at TwitchCon. As a special bonus, after Twitch CEO Emmett Shear was victorious against Blizzard CEO Michael Morhaime in a Hearthstone match at TwitchCon 2015, the two industry titans will enter the arena again for an epic rematch.