While nothing replaces a mouse and keyboard for a solid PC gaming experience, some players are more comfortable with a controller in their hand for games that don't necessarily need a twitch response. Enter the new Razer Wolverine Ultimate controller, packing some hefty customization options, almost as many buttons as a good gaming mouse and some pretty colors.
The controller, which will be coming sometime next month for a rather gaudy $160, works on both PC and Xbox One. What makes this one more intriguing than Razer's Elite or Wildcat controllers solely Xbox One is that it has more programmable buttons and is a bit more ergonomic in design. It also has integrated media buttons for muting sound from a headset or microphone, synchronizing profiles or remapping button commands.
The controller also includes a hair-trigger mode that activates the left and right triggers quicker, cutting down on response time. It will ship non-slip rubber grips, a carrying case, and a 10-foot braided fiber connector with a MicroUSB connector
In addition to all the functionality, the Wolverine Ultimate uses the new Razer Chroma SDK, which allows developers to program lighting built within the controller. If the SDK is not used, players can set their own lighting schemes as well using the RGB strip's 16.8 million colors.
Here are the full specs from the product sheet:
- Remappable 2 Multi-Function Buttons & 4 Triggers
- Razer Chroma lighting with full 16.8 million color options
- Interchangeable D-Pad – Choice between Individual and Tilting Designs
- Interchangeable Thumbsticks
- Hair-Trigger Mode with Trigger-Stop for rapid-fire
- Quick Control Panel
- Tactile Switch Action Buttons
- Ergonomic Non-Slip Rubber Grip
- Razer Synapse for Xbox app
- Razer Chroma SDK enabled
- Play Anywhere – Play on Xbox One or PC
- 5 mm audio port for stereo audio output and microphone input
- Carrying case
- Detachable 3 m / 10 ft lightweight braided fiber cable with Micro-USB connector
- Approximate size: 106 mm / 4.17 in (Length) x 156 mm / 6.14 in (Width) x 66 mm / 2.60 in (Height)
- Approximate weight (without cable): 260 g / 0.57 lbs
John Keefer posted a new article, Razer Cuts Into Your Savings With New Wolverine Ultimate Controller
Needs a cupholder.