On September of last year, YoYo Games partnered with Humble Bundle to package up their highly coveted game creation tool GameMaker: Studio Professional. Popular games like Hyper Light Drifter, Nidhogg, Spelunky, Hotline Miami, and others were created using YoYo Games’ engine and this bundle was an opportunity for aspiring developers to try it out and also get access to source code so they could get an idea of what they can do with it. Now, GameMaker returns to Humble Bundle with Studio Pro and a new collection of games, source code, and more.
The previous bundle was valued over $1,800 and was an absolute steal. This time around the bundle is valued roughly the same and includes the following tiers:
Pay $1 or more:
- GameMaker Studio Pro
- Games: Cook, Serve, Delicious; Uncanny Valley, Ink Shep Hard (and source code), Angry Chicken: Egg Madness! (and source code)
- Source code: Extreme Burger Defense, Freeway Mutant
Pay the average:
- HTML5 Module
- Games: Home, Solstice, Galactic Missile Defense (and source code)
- Source code: Cook, Serve, Delicious; Ink, Uncanny Valley 10 Second Ninja X
Pay $15 or more:
- Android, iOS, Windows UWP Modules
- Games: Flop Rocket (and source code)
- Source code: Home, Solstice
If you have even the most remote interest in creating games, this is a prime opportunity to add some critical tools to your arsenal even if you don’t think you’ll really get hands on until a later date. There’s no guarantee that YoYo Games and Humble Bundle will revive this again, so jump on it while you have the chance.