Shackpets released one year ago today, and the team has been working on a very special update to celebrate the occasion. We are very happy to introduce many new features in version 1.0.7. Please take a look at this video breakdown of the update. Hats for cats!
Shackpets Hats for Cats update 1.0.7 patch notes
Introducing the Sticker Store and In-Game Challenges
- The Shackpets Store will be home to Sticker Packs to be used in-game on pet photos. Shackpets does not want to ruin the flow of the app with advertisements, but Shackpets now features a way for users to support us without dealing with annoying mobile advertisements.
- Not all in-game cosmetic Sticker Packs will cost money.
- The Shackpets 1st Anniversary is free as part of our first Monthly Challenge.
- The Shackmas Sticker Pack costs $1.99.
- The Shackpets Social Media Sticker Pack costs $7.99, but does come with 5 checkmarks.
- Introducing two new power-ups
- Cuteness Overload
- Ever have a tough time choosing between two cute pictures on the Vote Screen? Well, Cuteness Overloads will let Shackpets users choose to abstain from voting on a battle.
- You will be able to gain Cuteness Overload in your Inventory by completing new in-game Challenges.
- Super Swipe
- Are you are hardcore Shackpets player? Do you think your pet pictures are cuter than literally anyone else's? Super Swipes will allow you to challenge the next 10 pets on the new Battle screen in a blink of an eye.
- Players can gain Super Swipe in their inventory by completing new in-game Challenges.
- Cuteness Overload
- Shackpets Update 1.0.7 introduces a new Play Screen that combines the Vote Screen, Battle Screen, and the in-game Challenge Screen.
- The old Challenge Screen has been renamed the Battle Screen
- The new Challenge Screen is where players will go to track their in-game progression as well as Power-up and Sticker Pack inventory.
Shackpets has planned in-game Challenges and Sticker Pack launches well into the next year, and we hope our players will get a kick out of today's Hats for Cats update. As with most major updates, there will probably be some bugs. Please hang in there while we fix them, and thank you for playing!
The Road Ahead
Shacknews was shocked by the sudden loss of our CEO Lola the Pom last month, and while the company and community still grieves, we are planning a more substantial memorial for her. Today, we are shipping a tribute as part of the free Shackpets Anniversary Sticker Pack. Lola served as Creative Director on the Shackpets project and sat in on countless dev meetings helping the team design today's Hats for Cats update. She will remain the inspiration for countless future new features and updates.
Shackpets' mission is to create a home for all of our pets to participate in an eternal battle for cuteness, and the app wouldn't exist if not for Lola. May the love she exuded continue to shine forever.
Shackpets Hats for Cats 1.0.7 update is out now on App Store and Google Play.