Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered Update 1.08 has given players a massive amount of new toys, adding new collection bounties, melee weapon sets and lots of customization. It also fixed some bugs and tweaked some gameplay. To muddy things up a bit, a 1.09 update was released soon after with the exact same patch notes, with the only additon being “increased the server send rate.”
“The server send rate increase was accidently [sic] left off the patch notes,” Raven Software Lead Designer Amos Hodge tweeted. “But the change is included in this update.”
The 1.08 patch was listed as 1.85GB on PS4 and 8.8GB on Xbox One, with the discrepency in size related to a "Reduced size of total MWR package from 75GB to ~60GB." So while the patch may have been larger, Xbox One players end up saving quite a bit of hard drive space overall. The 1.09 patch was listed as a meager 330MB. The PC patch is also available on Steam.
As for the complete list of changes, lets start with the gear. Activision detailed everything in a post prior to the update, including four new weapon kit bounties, three new ranged wapons kit collection bounties, two new melee weapons sets, and lot of customization options, all part of the Arctic Wolf Depot content:
Weapon Kit Collection Bounties
- Huntsman: This Sniper Class Weapon Kit gives your sniper rifles the field-ready look of a working class weapon. For example, your sniper rifle can look camouflaged like a ghillie suit or covered in duct tape.
- Lawman: Bring a bit of the Old West to Modern Warfare with this Shotgun Class Weapon Kit. You’ll feel like a gunslinger when your shotguns have the look and feel of high-class weapons from Western Americana, complete with filigreed details and wood stocks.
- Battle-scarred: If you like to get up close and personal, then the SMG is probably one of your workhorse weapons. The Battle-Scarred Weapon Kit will make your weapons look like they have been through many a firefight, scars and all.
- Czar: The Czar Weapon Kit provides the look of pure gold to your LMGs, putting the bling in your loadout and onto the field of battle. These golden guns are over the top, flashy, and deadly as ever.
Ranged Weapon Kit Collection Bounties
- Kamchatka-12: This is a fully-automatic, 12-gauge shotgun of Russian origin, and features an 8-round detachable box magazine.
- XM-LAR: This fully automatic assault rifle comes from the European theater, and utilizes 7.62x51mm NATO cartridges in a 30-round detachable box.
- .44 Magnum: This is the classic .44 Magnum six-round revolver, featuring a stylized military grip and signature long barrel.
Melee Weapon Sets
- Gladiator: Stride into battle with the might of a gladiator when you equip this contemporary recreation of the historical Gladius sword, used as the weapon of choice by Roman foot soldiers.
- Hatchetman: Strap on some deadly curves when you add the Military Axe to your loadout. This updated take on the classic hatchet looks fearsome in the field and is ready to do your dirty work.
- Weapon Camo Sets: Four new weapon camo sets each bring new camos to the field, with 39 new weapon camos total.
- Calling Card Sets: Customize your calling card with 31 new options for you to wear with pride.
- Emblem Sets: With 39 new emblems to pair with your calling card, variety is now your middle name.
- Reticle Sets: Set your sights with new looks with 39 different new reticles to choose from.
And then the patch notes:
- Increased the server send rate
- Reduced size of total MWR package from 75GB to ~60GB (Xbox One only)
- Spawn improvements
- Collateral Damage fix
- C4 will now stick to Helicopters
- Environmental and Melee Kill Stats will no longer reset on Prestige
- Melee Weapon crosshairs will change color when over an enemy that is in range of a melee attack
- Still give match bonus if the other player quits Cage Match
- Show Rank on Gun Game Scoreboard
- Virtual Lobby optimization
- Fixed collision in Ambush tunnel
- Fixed issues with Kill Cam/Streaming
- Fixed Streaming issues relating to invisible weapons
- Fixed issues with Melee Weapons on ladders causing weapons to disappear
- Fixed issues with Exclusion Zone Weapon Camo appearing incorrectly
- Fixed issues with Clan Tag resetting unexpectedly
- Fixed issues where killstreak activation could stop functioning
- Fixed missing visuals of one Hardpoint neutral zone in Strike
- Fixed sometimes seeing the blur too early when going to ADS with a Sniper Rifle
- Fixed ADS sometimes not stopping weapon inspection
- Fixed issues with ADS Toggle control schemes not being able to throw C4
- Fixed various issues with Character visuals in the Virtual Lobby
- Fixed the “Extreme Speed” Challenge to track through death and rounds