Warcraft's Zul'jin, the Amani Troll warlord, has joined the Nexus in Heores of the Storm's latest update, along with a new Tournament Draft Mode for custom games.
Zul'jin brings with him the following abilities:
- Berserker (D) - Trait: Activate to increase Zul’jin’s Basic Attack damage by 25%, but consume 2% maximum Health per attack. Passive: Zul’jin attacks 1% faster for every 1% of maximum Health missing.
- Taz’dingo (R) - Heroic: Unkillable for four seconds, and cannot be reduced to less than 1 Health
- Guillotine (R) - Heroic: Throw a massive guillotine blade into the sky that crashes down on enemies in the targeted area. The lower Zul’jin’s health, the more damage it deals.
- Grievous Throw (Q) - Basic: Throw an axe forward, dealing damage to the first two enemies hit and marking them for eight seconds. Marked enemies take 50% bonus damage from Zul’jin’s next 3 Basic Attacks against them.
- Twin Cleave (W) - Basic: Throw 2 axes in a large circular arc, dealing damage and slowing affected enemies by 15% per axe for 2 seconds.
- Regeneration (E) - Basic: Channel to regenerate 25% of maximum health over four seconds. Moving or taking damage while channeling will interrupt this effect.
The patch also makes changes to some tooltps on resistance and vulnerability something Blizzard had detailed previously. "While the tooltips may have changed, the actual functionality for the system has been in since the Varian patch hit during the week of November 14, so the game itself should not feel any different than what you are currently used to," according to the developer notes. "You will also notice that we have added baseline Armor to three Heroes – Arthas, Anub’arak, and Greymane’s Worgen Form. These are the first of a handful that we are planning to release and would love to hear any feedback you have. We are hoping that the Armor System will open up future design flexibility, increase the depth of strategy (both in game, and in draft), and grant us another knob to help balance the game.
There are also several fixes to various heroes, including Nova, Azmodan and Sylvanas. The patch notes have the full details. We've dropped the full list of bug fixes below.
- Corrected a number of typos and tooltip errors across several aspects of the game.
- Chromie: Chromie’s Hourglass will no longer appear to flicker after casting Hearthstone while moving.
- Samuro: A bowl no longer appears at Samuro’s feet during his dance animation.
- Punisher Arena: Casting Zeratul’s Void Prison on Punishers just before they leap will no longer prevent them from attacking when Void Prison ends.
- Temple Arena: Fixed an issue that could prevent Temples from activating correctly during the second round of the Brawl.
- Battlefield of Eternity & Infernal Shrines: Fixed an animation pop affecting Towers on the Heaven side of Diablo-themed Battlegrounds.
- Sky Temple: Fixed an animation pop affecting Temple Guardians.
- Try Mode: Fixed an animation issue affecting the allied Keep.
Heroes, Abilities, and Talents
- Alarak: Telekinesis will now correctly interrupt E.T.C.’s Mosh Pit.
- Diablo: The Hellgate Talent is no longer removed after being struck by Falstad’s Hinterland Blast Heroic.
- Diablo: The Hellgate Talent is no longer removed after being struck by the Archangel’s Bulletstorm Ability on Braxis Holdout.
- Gazlowe: Rock-It! Turret range indicators will now correctly display while they are active.
- Kharazim: Becoming trapped by Chromie’s Time Trap while using Radiant Dash with the Way of the Hundred Fists Talent will no longer prevent Kharazim from issuing Basic Attacks until Radiant Dash is cast a second time.
- Raynor: Fixed an issue causing Hyperion to gain benefits from several of Raynor’s Basic Attack Talents.
- Samuro: The cooldown for Critical Strike will no longer stop counting down when he is killed.
- Samuro: Casting Mirror Image after learning Way of Illusion will no longer cause a Talent Quest progress sound to play.
- Samuro: Fixed an issue that could cause certain Hero Abilities and Summons to continue tracking the primary Samuro after casting Mirror Image.
- Thrall: The Earthquake tooltip has been updated to reflect that it pulses once every 4 seconds.
- Tychus: The range indicator for Overkill will now correctly display while the Ability is active.
- Tychus: The range indicator for Drakken Laser Drill will now correctly display while the Ability is active.
- Zeratul: Fixed an issue that could prevent Shields granted by the Shroud of Adun Talent from fully recharging.
- Zeratul: Shroud of Adun will no longer accumulate Shields while using Hearthstone.
- Zeratul: Seeker in the Dark’s duration is now correctly paused while a target affected by Singularity Spike is caught within Void Prison.
- Core: Fixed an issue that could prevent the Core on the Hell side of Battlefield of Eternity and Infernal Shrines from playing certain attack sounds.
- Death Recap: Fixed an issue that could cause Death Recaps to show inaccurate final blow damage.
- Minimap: Catapult Minimap icons are now slightly lighter in color to help players more easily differentiate them from other Minions.
- Profile: Fixed an issue in which the player portrait would not update correctly after selecting the Blackheart's Revenge portrait.
John Keefer posted a new article, Heroes of the Storm adds hero Zul'jin in latest update
+1 arm +1 eyeball huh? Guess it's WCII Zul'Jin then!
Who you want me kill?
I got axe for you!
Hero is great fun. Balancing health and damage requires a lot during combat