Offworld Trading Company -. the part stock-trading sim, part RTS and part city managment strategy title from Mohawk Games - has just launched Steam Workshop support for fans to create and share mods for the game.
"Modding support has been a priority for us at Mohawk Games, and we built Offworld Trading Company to support mods that could not just change the game values (via XML) but also the C# code itself," Mohawk head Soren Johnson said.
The tools update will allow players to:
- Modg xml data for buildings, units, resources, and more
- Write their own C# code that can execute alongside the game's code
- Access Steam Workshop easily through the game
- Easily access their work with a new "Mods" screen on the Start menu
- Download other game mods from around the world
“There’s something for everyone here,” Johnson said. “People who are just getting into modding can work with values in xml, while others who are advanced coders can write their own code that will execute right alongside the game’s code. This allows for adjustments to the AI, for example, along with a ton of other possibilities.”
If modding interests you, Mohwak has created several tutorial videos to get you started.