Rocket League's newest update goes live at 5:00pm Eastern / 2:00pm Pacific for all platforms, and the Starbase Arc map announced during the Game Awards tops a long list of changes and features added to the game.
Psyonix put together a small documentary on Starbase Arc, and goes into detail on how the arena was conceptualized and built.
Starbase Arc is only the tip of the iceberg. Psyonix broke down the rest of the changes and additions, which include a Custom Training mode that lets you practice specific shots and scenarios, and support for Steam Workshop.
Outside of free content, the Vulcan car can be purchased for $2.
- Steam Workshop Support: Allows Unreal Engine 3 UDK users to create custom levels for the game via a Steam Workshop Uploader Tool. Find more information here.
- Arena Preference Selector: Highly requested feature allows players to "Like" or "Dislike" Arenas in the game to increase or decrease odds of playing on them again in online matches.
- "Champion Series IV" Crate: The popular Champion Series continues with all-new exclusive garage items to help support Psyonix esports initiatives. Potentially unlock a new Import Battle-Car, animated Decals, Exotic Wheels, Black Market surprises, and more.
- Two Variant Arenas: "Wasteland (Night)" and "Utopia Coliseum (Snowy)" dropping into Exhibition and Private matches plus all ranked playlists.
- Redesigned SARPBC Vehicles: Free visual redesigns for the veteran Battle-Cars "X-Devil" and "Gizmo"
- New Colorblind Mode: New "Color Blind Mode" is available in the "Options" menu, adding high-contrast orange and blue shades along with high contrast nameplates.
David Craddock posted a new article, Rocket League's new update adds Starbase Arc map, Steam Workshop support, and much more
Weird. Workshop support for custom maps? I assume those will only be playable in custom / private matches? Or will they add a playlist for random user maps?
And while the space map looks cool, I still think they should retrofit the coliseum map to the octagonal shape they're using for this new one. I never understood why it was the traditional design in the first place.
Not colorblind, but I have lost an opponent car on their own side color pallette before.