Battleborn has been treading water of late, having a hard time generating the player base and enthusiasm of Overwatch. But developer Gearbox is planning some changes to get new players in, and convince former players to return.
The dev team is planning a Twitch livestream tomorrow at 2 p.m. PT / 5 p.m. ET to show off many of the changes. According to producer Chris Brock, “I’ve been at Gearbox for 10 years and this is the craziest update we’ve ever done!” Here's an explanation of some of the changes that are coming:
New player experience
- All 25 Core Characters Unlocked after the prologue
- Character unlock challenges now award a brand new skin upon completion
- Main Quests – Story Mode
- Story Mode missions will have more guides and tools to lead your through various areas of the game. The Credit rewards have also been boosted to help you get an early edge on loot packs
- Two New Training Modes
- Incursion Tutorial: Build up your PVP skills and learn the key elements of competitive play in Battleborn. Your first play-through is solo, but this practice mode can be repeated with groups of up to three players.
- Dojo: Take each and every Battleborn hero for a test drive! Learn how to slice, dice, blast, smash, and rocket your way through waves of minions.
Returning player enhancements
- User Interface Changes
- Draft Mode: Draft, counter and ban to match up against your opponent's choices
- New Daily Quests: Objectives and rewards for Story Mode and Competitive Multiplayer Mode.
- Command Rank and Character Rank Increase: Command rank jumps to 150 for Command Rank, and rank 20 for each character
- Updated In-game Economy: A Credits system overhaul and a new loot pack availability system, but no reards for quitters
- Loot Packs: All loot pack variations will still drop in Story Mode missions, but only one type of loot pack will be available in the Marketplace: The Core Pack. The Core Pack has better odds for higher rarity gear and has a chance to drop any skin or taunt previously available in Faction packs.
- Boosts: A bigger variety of Boosts will become available for Platinum in the marketplace.
- PS4 Pro Support: Players will be able to choose between 1080p at 60fps or 4K at 30fps.
There is no official release date yet, but if you watch the stream, it is likely the timing will be revealed then.
John Keefer posted a new article, Battleborn gearing up for big changes in next update
Drafting! Finally! Words then exclamation points!
DozIR_ if I ask real nicely will you try this out with me?
Personally I'm holding out until they add duke Nukem to the roster.
Sweet! One of my favorite games is gonna get better.