After a two week delay, Watch Dogs 2 for PC is finally out in the wild.
Of course, playing on PC, you have to worry about if your specs can handle it, so here's a quick recap of what you need ( in addition to 50GB on your hard drive, and decnet Internet connection for multiplayer, and Windows 7 (SP1), 8.1, or 10):
- Processor: Intel Core i5 2400S @ 2.5 GHz | AMD FX 6120 @ 3.5 GHz
- RAM: 6GB
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (2GB) | AMD Radeon HD 7870 (2GB) or better
- Processor: Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHz | AMD FX 8120 @ 3.9 GHz
- RAM: 8GB
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (3GB) | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (4GB) | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (3GB) or better | AMD Radeon R9 290 (4GB) or better
And you can tease your console friends with some of the extras offered for just the PC version of the game:
PC Specific Features
- 4K support
- Stuttering/lag framerate optimization – We employed a fix that makes all controls much more responsive and less framerate-related. We’ve optimized resource creation, GPU VRAM upload and required VRAM for the game.
- No FPS cap
- Full SLI/Crossfire support at launch
- Multiple save file support – This feature allows players to have up to three auto save slots for three separate playthroughs.
- Multi-monitor support with borderless mode and advanced settings that allow for customized placement of menu and HUD.
- Multiple windowed mode options – Windowed mode with flexible/resizable windows, multi-monitor borderless.
Improved Graphic Features
- Screen Space Reflections
- Headlight Shadows – Support for additional shadows from car headlights
- Extra Details Options – Increases the level of detail for all objects in the game, and adds more details to objects in the distance.
Improved Graphics Options
- FOV sliders
- Pixel Density sliders
- Sharpness sliders
- Ultra Textures pack available at launch
- Anti-aliasing options:
- Post Processing Anti-Aliasing options SMAA and FXAA
Improved Keyboard/Mouse controls
- Full adaptation with mouse and keyboard
- We’re using raw mouse input to reduce latency and use the Windows hardware cursor throughout the game without any additional signal filtering to smooth or accelerate mouse movement by default
- Advanced keyboard support – Keyboard hotkeys for every menu and app for faster access. Additionally, all hotkeys can be remapped.
- Mouse-centric UI – Any UI screen, menus or smartphone app supports full mouse interaction, so the player can finish any UI task with the mouse only. Everything is clickable and has appropriate button states.
- Toggle/Hold modes for different controls (aim, sprint, walk, inventory, etc.)
- Driving has been adapted to suit the keyboard controls, with adjustable steering sensitivity. Same goes for driving camera sensitivity and auto-centering camera behavior
- On-the-fly switching between mouse and keyboard to gamepad, without any additional options, UI will just switch to gamepad mode
- Supported gamepads: Xbox One controller, PlayStation 4 DualShock controller
Be advised that the release has some known issues as of yesterday, according to the official forums:
PC KNOWN ISSUES
[PC][Crash on Launch] Nvidia / Mirror mode (Reported)
- Players may experience the game not booting if their video card is connected in mirror mode to certain AV systems and video capture cards
- Workaround: While we are investigating this issue, please try:
- disconnecting your system from any secondary device it is currently connected to;
- disabling mirror mode;
- More info in the FAQ here: https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/0...th-Mirror-Mode
[PC][Multiplayer] Anti-cheat Software / Not Enabled (In progress)
- Some players may get a message saying “Anti cheat protection is not enabled. Multiplayer will be disabled” when trying to open the Multiplayer App or connect to a multiplayer session. The team is investigating the situation.
- Workaround: If this occurs at any point during the game, quitting and restarting the game should allow the multiplayer to be played without any further issues.
- FAQ here: https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/0...-Error-Message
We liked the console version of the game. Multiplayer had to be taken offline at launch because of crash issues, but is slowly coming back online. Hopefully, the PC release will have a bit smoother launch in that area.
John Keefer posted a new article, Watch Dogs 2 finally out on PC so check your system specs
Damn, that's a nice list of PC specific features from the devs. They usually go for the minimum amount of communication with the PC community. But here at launch, they're already talking about SLI, multi-monitor, frame pacing, input lag, all kinds of shit.
People give Ubisoft shit, but in my experience their PC versions are generally good. They put effort into them.
so what exactly is the problem with uplay other than it requiring a separate install aside from steam, and the fact that you miss out on steam achievements?
(assuming uplay is why people give them shit)
IMO it's mostly fine and people are just angry at having another distribution app. The UI isn't very good, but none of them are, and there are a few weird quirks, but again, most apps have those.
Historically, Ubisoft has also had an on-again, off-again relationship with shitty copy protection, but they seem to have gotten away from that with the advent of digital distribution.
check yo specs before you wreck yo specs
Juts wanted to add I ran this game last night on my PC, its the best PC port of the year so far they did a amazing job its also scales incredibly well. The work they did on the engine for the PC 100% paid off, I am mega impressed and am very glad they delayed it for the PC.
If you love the genera I would say instantly go get, its 100% worth it.