Ubisoft published a blog detailing changes coming to Watch Dogs 2 when the game's 1.04 patch rolls out later tonight.
"Overnight, we are pushing Title Update 1.04 to the live environment to fix a few known issues that have been identified since launch," the developer wrote.
Unfortunately, the game's broken multiplayer component will not be addressed in this update. You can read Ubisoft's patch notes below. Note that all fixes pertain to the console versions of the game because Watch Dogs 2 is not yet available on PC.
Ubisoft had to disable Watch Dogs 2's seamless multiplayer following widespread reports of lag and game crashes. The developer hopes to remedy the situation before the end of this weekend.
Despite the game currently missing one of its biggest selling points, Shacknews editor and Modojo editor-in-chief Brittany Vincent praised Watch Dogs 2 in her review. "It was with some trepidation that I began my playthrough of Watch Dogs 2. I expected it to be similar to the first, overly brooding and dreary with some sort of self-righteous crusade being at the heart of the story. Instead, I was pleasantly surprised to see that Watch Dogs 2 takes the good elements of the original title and simply throws the rest out in favor of what is a complete turnabout in tone."
- Emote Wheel Swap - Bug where emotes and weapon wheel become intermixed is now fixed
- Explicit NPC Model - We've updated one NPC model that was previously explicit. Nudity on other male and female NPCs has not been changed
- Phone App Disappears - Some players encountered a bug causing their phone apps to disappear. The fix will recover the missing apps
- Graphics / Low FPS / Nudle - Framerate during the "Limp Nudle" mission has been improved
- Graphics / Low FPS / Pro - PS4 Pro performance should be improved with this patch
David Craddock posted a new article, Watch Dogs 2 patch 1.04 fixes smaller issues, but not broken multiplayer
After the first watch dogs and the division, who bought this on day one? Lawd.
"Emote Wheel Swap - Bug where emotes and weapon wheel become intermixed is now fixed"
Take this! *flirt* uh.......