World of Warcraft Legion recently got a large content update in patch 7.1 with some class changes and the Return to Karazhan mythic dungeon. But Blizzard knows it needs to give fans something to look forward to, so it took the time at BlizzCon to tell players what they can expect in the next couple of updates.
There is no rhyme or reason to Blizzard updates, with some large and some small. The next two will have one of each. Update 7.1.5 willbe the small one, but with some cool additions:
- Timewalking is being added for dungeons from Pandaria
- Brawler's Guild Season three will kick off, with new participants, lots of shirts for those wanting to drop the gold, and a new basilisk mount.
- Micro-holidays will be introduced. Instead of week-long events commemorating real-world holidays, these new events would last only a day and perhaps honor dates within the game itself.
- An update to Blade's Edge Arena, complete with an ogre that will shoutcast the match.
- Class updates that may change some talents, as well as gear attribute changes to the weights of Haste, Crit and Mastery for different specs.
As for the big update of 7.2, Blizzard plans on adding:
- A new raid called the Tomb of Sargeras with nine new bosses. This will open after players obtain the fifth pillar of creation, The Eye of Aman'Thul from the soon-to-be-opened Nighthold raid.
- A new dungeon called the Cathedral of Eternal Night, complete with four new bosses.
- Class Order campaigns will continue on the Shores of the Broken Isle, with a new faction with which to gain reputation: The Armies of Legionfall. New World Quests will be activated as well.
- Flying will finally be available after completing more achievements for an account-wide unlock.
- More Legion incursions will happen in the Broken Isles
- PvP Brawls will be introduced, which will add variations to old PvP battlegrounds such as Arathi Basin and Warsong Gulch, and even a 15v15 arena match.
- Artifact updates with new traits, knowledge levels and even new relcis that can modify two traits, not just one.
- Dungeon updates are also coming, with the possibility of breaking the new Karazhan dungeon into - Upper and Lower Karazhan - to fit within the mythic keystone structure or shorter, quicker experiences.
Blizzard promises that 7.1,5 will be coming to the Public Test Realm soon, with 7.2 arriving on the PTR sometime shortly after 7.1.5 launches. No dates were announced.