BlizzCon 2016 is now in full swing after the official opening ceremonies for the yearly event celebrating all things Blizzard. And just in case you missed CEO Mike Morhaime touting the company's 25th anniversary and all the things his company has coming, here's a bit of a recap:
- Overwatch got the initial love with the reveal of Sombra (finally!) in an animated short, and then a more in-depth look at her background and abilities.
- Heroes of the Storm revealed that King Varian Wrynn and Ragnaros would be joining the Nexus on the PTR soon, along with a new map called Blackheart's Revenge.
- Hearthstone will be getting an expansion called The Mean Streets of Gadgetzan, with a look at the criminal underbelly of the seedy little desert town.
- StarCraft 2 will be launching the final mission pack of Nova Covert Ops on November 22, along with the Zerg's Alexei Stukov as a new co-op commander.
- The 20th anniversary of the Diablo franchise brought news of a new Rise of the Necromancer character pack next year for Diablo 3. In addition, the next patch for the game will include a throwback to the original Diablo called The Darkening of Tristram.
- Finally, former Blizzard co-founder Allen Adham has come out of retirement and is rejoining the company. No further word, however, on what he will be doing ... yet.
More news will be coming from the convention as the panels get under way so stay tuned for the rest of our coverage if anything earthshaking is revealed.
John Keefer posted a new article, BlizzCon 2016: What you may have missed from the Blizzard keynote
Cofounder coming out of retirement? Weird but cool
Maybe blizzard is planning on buying themselves out of Activision.