The multiplayer tech test has had Titanfall 2 fans giddy with excitement, at least until PC players heard they wouldn't be included. But PlayStation 4 and Xbone One players can rejoice knowing that the test kicks off this Friday, August 19.
The test will offer two modes and two maps. The modes:
- Bounty Hunt (5v5): A brand new mode that pits Pilots and their teammates against an opposing team as well as the Remnant Fleet. Earn bonuses by killing grunts and enemies, but make sure and deposit all your points at the bank between waves without getting killed.
- Pilots vs. Pilots (8v8): Players can be the best Pilot on the Frontier and put their combat and mobility skills to the ultimate test in this classic 8 vs 8 Pilots only mode.
- Boomtown: A secret underground IMC facility where the latest in R&D is put to the test. In this facility Pilots can use the many peaked roofs to use as cover against combatants below. With tight lanes through the middle, Titans can also be easily ambushed.
- Homestead: The IMC have claimed Eminent Domain on a small commune’s plot of land. With a series of raised, rocky plateaus and a river running down the middle, Pilots are mostly safe from Titans among the rocks and trees but they also can duck into the caves and building when needed. However, the Titans control the large rolling fields.
After the first week of stress testing on the servers is complete, the next week will add another mod and map:
- Amped Hardpoint (6v6 mode): A new twist on Hardpoint Domination from the original game; now defending a Hardpoint will let you amp it, giving your team double score. Team work is the key to securing victory.
- Forward Base Kodai (map): Militia forces have taken over an IMC substation and set up a forward operating base. Pilots can find safety from Titans in the hallways and chambers of the main building, while Titans can walk over the roof to get a better view of the action.
Two new Titans are entering the fray as well, Ion and Scorch. Also included in the test will be pilot tactical abilities such as Grapple, Holo Point, and Pulse Blade, and weapons such as the Mastiff (a horizontal spread shotgun) and the Alternator (a dual-barrel SMG).
Players can still sign up for the tech test, although it isn;t clear if everyone that signs up will get in. Of course, being a test on the servers, the more the merrier, so there is that.
The game launches on PS4, Xbox One and PC on October 28.
John Keefer posted a new article, Titanfall 2 tech test to start at the end of this week
Excellent. Can't wait for this game.
Wtf not testing it on pc?
I know :( , still I can't wait for it.
console ports gonna console port. just hope they have an FOV slider and high refresh support when it's done
Several sites are doing featurettes on the single player. It looks pretty fucking rad. Some new clips of the gameplay have been shown and it is going to be a ton of fun. They are working some humor into the relationship between the giant robot and the pilot. This has rapidly become my most anticipated title of the year.