If you are waiting for the closed beta on PlayStation 4 for mods, then be prepared to grab the upcoming patch this week for Fallout 4. You'll need it.
The 1.5.4 update, which came out on PC last week and is due this week for PS4 and Xbox One, is required if you have signed up to participate in the PS4 closed beta for mods. Mod support for the console is expected to go into full release before the end of the month. Xbox One players already have access to mods.
The patch offers some fixes for the recently released Contraptions Workshop, including one to stop players from losing mods and Legendary status on items when they are removed from weapon and armor racks. There were also several new features added as well.
The laundry list of fixes and changes:
- Increased space for Mod text on Mod details page for improved readability
- Load Order menu now displays text about each Mod when highlighted
- Most Popular filter now toggles between Daily, Weekly and All Time (defaults to Daily)
- Reporting categories added when reporting a mod
- Load Order menu displays options to Disable or Delete All Mods
- Count of ratings now appears on Mod details page
- General stability and performance improvements
- Fixed issue with weapons and armor losing mods and Legendary status when removed from armor and weapon racks (Contraptions)
- Improved stability when reinitializing with certain mods loaded
- Mod menu will check available space before starting mod downloads
- Fixed issue with certain mods not downloading properly
- Fixed issue with certain mods not appearing properly in the Load Order menu
Known Issues: The Add Ons menu is erroneously displaying Vault Tec Workshop and Nuka-World as Available. We are working with Valve to resolve the issue.