Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment has revealed new details surrounding the Season Pass for LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens, which will include a variety of downloadable content, new characters that span across the Star Wars galaxy, and more.
The Season Pass will feature three new Level Packs that will further expand the LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens adventure, each of which will give players the opportunity to experience a number of key events from the film in different ways. These include Poe Dameron’s journey back to the Resistance base after crashing on Jakku, the assault on Maz Kanata’s castle from Kylo Ren’s perspective, and Starkiller Base’s collapse from the eyes of two Resistance pilots.
The Season Pass will also include five Character Packs, which will feature well-known Star Wars heroes, villains, and of course, Droids. A Jedi Character Pack will also be available, although that will be made available exclusively for Season Passholders and will be available on June 28.
The LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens Season Pass will retail for $9.99 across all supported platforms, although players will have the option to purchase each DLC pack individually for $2.99 each. Those who would prefer to pick up both the base game and Season Pass can now pre-order the Deluxe Edition on both Xbox One and PlayStation 4, which also includes early access to The Empire Strikes Back Character Pack.
LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens will launch on June 28 on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Wii U, Nintendo 3DS and PC.
Here’s the full rundown of all of the content coming to Season Passholders:
Poe’s Quest for Survival Level Pack
- A whole new adventure following Poe Dameron’s journey back to the Resistance base. After his daring escape from the First Order that left him stranded on Jakku, Poe must search for BB-8 and locate a ship to escape the desert planet in an effort to find his way home.
- Playable characters and vehicles include: Naka Lit, Ohn Gos, Poe Dameron (Jakku), Strus Clan Leader, Strus Clan Raider, Strus Clan Speeder (Full-size Vehicle), Strus Clan Speeder (Microfighter Vehicle)
First Order Siege of Takodana Level Pack
- Experience the thrilling assault on Maz Kanata’s castle in a new way. Storm the shores of Takodana with Kylo Ren and the First Order in a quest to capture Rey and BB-8 to crush the Resistance forever.
- Playable characters and vehicles include: Jashco Phurus, Rosser Weno, Strono "Cookie" Tuggs, Thromba, Laparo, Jakku Freighter (Full-size Vehicle), Jakku Freighter (Microfighter Vehicle)
Escape from StarkillerBase Level Pack
- After crash landing on the surface of Starkiller Base, join the battle from the perspective of two Resistance pilots. With the help of a loyal astromech droid, outmaneuver the First Order to escape the planet before it explodes.
- Playable characters and vehicles include: C'ai Threnalli, Colonel Datoo, Lieutenant Rodinon, Lt Wright, R3-Z3, Assault Walker (Full-size Vehicle), Assault Walker (Microfighter Vehicle)
The Jedi Character Pack – Season Pass Exclusive / Available June 28, 2016
- Features powerful members of the Jedi Order. Available exclusively to Season Pass owners.
- Playable characters and vehicles include: Aayla Secura, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Kit Fisto, Luminara Unduli, Mace Windu, Plo Koon, Saesee Tiin, Shaak Ti, Jedi Interceptor (Full-size Vehicle), Jedi Interceptor (Microfighter Vehicle)
The Prequel Trilogy Character Pack
- Play as select characters from Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace, Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones and Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith.
- Playable characters and vehicles include: Anakin Skywalker (Damaged), Captain Panaka, Darth Maul, Jango Fett, Jar Jar Binks, Padmé Naberrie, Watto, Zam Wesell, Naboo Starfighter (Full-size Vehicle), Naboo Starfighter (Microfighter Vehicle)
The Freemaker Adventures Character Pack
- Showcases the galaxy’s bravest family of scavengers from the upcoming LEGO animated series, debuting June 20th on Disney XD.
- Playable characters and vehicles include: Baash (Iktotchi), Graballa the Hutt, Kordi Freemaker, Naare, Raam (Iktotchi), Roger (Battle Droid), Rowan Freemaker, Zander Freemaker, Star Scavenger (Full-size Vehicle), Star Scavenger (Microfighter Vehicle)
Star Wars: Rebels Character Pack
- Play as the crew of the Ghost from the popular Disney XD animated series.
- Playable characters and vehicles include: Ahsoka Tano, Chopper, Ezra Bridger, Hera Syndulla, Kanan Jarrus, Sabine Wren, Seventh Sister Inquisitor, Zeb Orrelios, Ghost (Full-size Vehicle), Ghost (Microfighter Vehicle)
The Clones Wars Character Pack
- Exciting characters from the acclaimed animated series.
- Playable characters and vehicles include: Asajj Ventress, Aurra Sing, Barriss Offee, Cad Bane, Captain Rex, Commander Cody, Hondo Ohnaka, Savage Opress, Republic Gunship (Full-size Vehicle), Republic Gunship (Microfighter Vehicle)
Daniel Perez posted a new article, Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens season pass details revealed
Everything needs a GD season pass now, doesn't it?
Making a game isn't enough, 'cause then they only get your money once.
At least this one appears to have some levels in it. Look at the tripe that consisted of the Avengers Season Pass.
Tough road to travel, I imagine. Have shitty content in your season pass and no one will want it. Have great content in your season pass and people bitch that "it should have been in the full game!" I guess there aren't many ooptions... Other than handle it like Witcher 3!
Seriously. The dumbest part is that there's no burning reason to get this game the second it comes out, either. The movie's already out on Blu-ray, and with the way they repackage these Lego games, might as well wait for the eventual $30 GOTY edition. :P
While in general I don't like the practice at least Traveler's Tales releases regular content for its titles. My kids are always happy when I tell them a new level pack was released.
In fairness, their season passes are at a pretty reasonable price as well. $10 is a little easier to swallow than the $40-60 some games ask for, sight-unseen.
I am kind of wary of this, but only because Lego games tend to be so incredibly content and character rich out of the box already. The typical game has dozens if not hundreds of characters... are they truly giving us something more for this DLC, or holding content back that would otherwise go in the game?
I know that's the standard complaint about DLC but it seems especially worth asking as it relates to a Lego game.
A season pass for a Lego game? LOL
I love the Lego games but that's just silly
You must not have kids.