Rock Band 4 is continually receiving updates still, with the latest addition to its roster double kick drum pedal support, and bizarrely enough, Battleborn characters Thorn and Miko. No one asked for this. Why is this happening?
The update also brings with it a full set of bug fixes, which you'll be able to read at the end of this post, but most importantly there's a new set of music coming as Rock Band 4 DLC in May. I was beginning to get a little concerned about some additional songs since there are some awesome ones on the radio and other sources right now and we're getting tunes that we should have had years ago.
In May, we'll get songs from Deep Blue Something (it almost has to be "Breakfast at Tiffany's"), Hozier ("Take Me To Church?"), Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, Twisted Sister, and Warrant. There are several songs that could surface from the last three bands, but anything from Dee Snider will be fun to sing along to.
There's a lot to come for Rock Band stull, with a paid expansion coming this fall as well as online multiplayer being unlocked for the holidays. Harmonix thankfully isn't finished supporting the music game yet, and that's great news for me. If you're curious, here's the full list of bugfixes:
Rock Band 4 May Patch Bug Fixes:
- Fixed an issue related to Drum Fills and the slop window
- Fixed an issue where the arm of the bassist goes right through their own body
- Fixed freezing of a vocalist animation during an instrumental part of a song
- Fixed a game crash going into the Big Rock Ending on "Warriors of Time" on Expert Guitar
- Fixed sound FX issues with the Add/Remove sound while in Setlists
- Fixed issue with the background music slider in the Options Menu
- Reduced the volume of shouting audio on the “Take Requests” screen
- Fixed a game crash when loading a saved Setlist
- Fixed camera issue on vocalist’s face
- Fixed a game crash before the Big Rock Ending in "Heroes" as made famous by David Bowie
- Fixed an issue where scores disappear when pausing and resuming quickly in the middle of a drums Big Rock Ending