Stardew Valley is an impressive effort, especially when you consider it came from one special developer: Eric Barone, also known online as ConcernedApe. It's a friendly and relaxing farming sim that's certainly seen its fair share of success, with a whopping million sales under its belt. It's about to get a lot bigger, with the announcement that cooperative multiplayer, console ports, and more is coming down the pipeline.
Publisher Chucklefish will be handling the technical aspects of the upcoming updatessuch as multiplayer and porting, and ConcernedApe will take charge of any new content the game might feature. It's all "actively being worked on" for now, notes Barone. Marriage, new farm buildings, crops, and other advanced mechanics as well as "small, fun touches to the world."
Check out the full list of what's coming below!
- Version 1.1--A substantial content update
- Co-op multiplayer
- Localizing for non-English regions
- Mac/Linux ports
- Console ports
Version 1.1 Details (subject to change)
- More late-game content
- New farm buildings
- New crops
- New artisan goods
- New advanced farming/producing mechanics
- Shane and Emily will be marriage candidates. They will also have more events and dialogue as a result.
- More marriage content for all spouses
- More events for the non-marriage NPCs
- Improvements/additions to mining and combat
- Ability to move buildings and other convenience features
- More bug fixes
- More secrets
- More small, fun touches to the world
Brittany Vincent posted a new article, Stardew Valley Is Getting Some Awesome Updates, Multiplayer, and Console Ports
Good for him. It's a great game.
Local or Online Coop?
I haven't been able to find out
Hopefully either a mobile port or PC touch controls. My wife's been itching to play this. I got her the official Harvest Moon mobile game. She said it's okay, and she's been enjoying it, but commented that it was a bit shorter and shallower than the original game; echoing what I read in forums. But, we switched her from a laptop to a Surface 3, so she pretty much only has touch devices to play on. I bet this would work well on mobile, no?