Remedy and Microsoft are preparing a title update for Quantum Break on Xbox One to fix several nagging issues. Some, such as a correction for game assets disappearing if and when players backtrack, are general. Others, such as a taxi failing to appear in the game's introduction, are more specific.
The title update will be deployed later today.
Remedy and Microsoft are aware of these and other issues dogging the Windows version of the game, but do not yet have a patch ready. "[We] are aware of issues impacting fans playing the Windows 10 version of 'Quantum Break' and are continuing to work diligently to address all the feedback as soon as possible."
The full list of updates follows:
- Act 1 Part 1: Fixed a rare instance of taxi being missing from the intro cinematic
- Act 1 Part 2: Fixed assets disappearing if players backtrack
- Act 1 Part 2: Fixed an issue where players could not kill the guard in the parking lot
- Act 1 Part 3: Fixed backtracking issues where some parts could unload
- Act 1: Fixed overlapping audio in opening cinematic
- Act 2 Part 1: Fixed Nick pathing issues
- Act 2 Part 1: You can no longer get underneath the puzzle at the security station
- Act 2 Part 2: First Chronon source renders properly
- Act 2 Part 3: Added collision on time machine corridor to prevent player’s accidentally falling to their death
- Act 2 Part 3: Fixed backtracking issues where some parts could unload
- Act 2 Part 3: Fixed rare NPC issues where Amy or Nick could be killed or block the door
- Junction 3: Fixed Hatch being hidden if the user skips a future vision too quickly
- Junction 4: Fixed flickering environment outside office building
- Act 5: Fixed last subtitle going by too quickly to read
- Act 5: Fixed missing line in Portuguese audio in a cinematic
- Fixed issue where ambient sounds disappeared when mashing buttons during a cinematic
- Removed unnecessary loading screens showing up
- Updated credits
- World no longer visibly unloads after Jack lets Beth and NPC into the Swimming Pool front door
- Amy no longer remains still and without pathing towards gate in train yard
- Fixed Jack’s subtitles not showing in some cinematics
- Unlock descriptions for Will Diary 1 and Will Diary 2 are no longer reversed
- Fix for blinking lights, where flares would blink excessively bright after resuming from suspend mode
- Fixes for making Xbox Live integration more fault-tolerant
- Remedy logo fix
- Fix for a rare bug that accidentally wiped progress after completing the game
- Fix for some TV screens sometimes showing a really grainy image
- Fixed circular progress bar alpha in the junction stats screen
- Fixed video playback not always ending if the video was synced to audio
- Fixed two rare instances of stalls when loading
- Fixed a rare crash with the video texture system
- Fixed crash in download menu when switching profiles
- Fixed "Waiting for install to complete" text not being localized when changing the language
- Game/story/collectible progress hero stats no longer display incorrectly when player has less than a percent of progress
- Fixed rare instances of cloud saves failing and causing loss of progress
David Craddock posted a new article, Quantum Break for Xbox One receiving update today
That is nice that they are doing something to fix the game rather than nothing. But man the PC version is by far the worst PC port in history that I have ever played its freaking terrible. Word of warning to Shack don't bother buying the PC version what ever you do.
My respect for Remedy has been totally flushed down the toilet :( , I was looking forward to this game hard core.
If you wanted QB on PC just go buy Alan Wake on GOG https://www.gog.com/game/alan_wake and call it a day.
This is really sad to hear. Remedy is such a good dev too. MS has a tight grip on their sack and won't let them do shit the right way
Yeah man :( it sucks, I bet its MS doing it I can't see how any dev especially if they have PC gamers in their team would be ok with releasing it the way it is. Its basically 100% the Xbox One code which means the FOV is worst I have ever seen(makes me sick in 2 minutes) and to top it all off they do this insane rendering thing where if you select 1080p it actually renders it 2/3rds of what it is set, like WTF? So 1080p looks like complete ass like really bad, PS2 quality.
Seriously official technical comment : "the buffers used to construct the image are always 2/3rds of the set resolution, i.e. in 2560x1440 they would be 1706x960"
There is so much other shit too like no exit in the menu you have to alt F4 and another one that really bothers me and I find insulting if you unplug your internet and try to play the game in offline mode it goes into [Pirated mode] no seriously and puts a pirate patch on the main characters eye and jacks up some other stuff. They put this in for legit software pirates but never even tested un plugging the internet for legit customers it all just makes me really sad and pissed off :(. I don't even want to talk about it anymore...
Anyways that new Deus Ex: Mankind Divided trailer is so boss I knew you be happy about that, I can't wait.
Microsoft is committed to PC gaming, and UWP will bring the best experiences available on your XboxOne right to your Windows PC, tablet, and phone. We are also set to revolutionize gaming on your Windows PC with Microsoft DirectX 12 and the power of the cloud through Microsoft Azure.
I'm really not surprised, it's not too much worse than I expected. I figured when they said they were bringing Xbox One games to the PC it would be through some software layer like UWP. I didn't think it'd be in such an alpha state when they decided to put it to work.
Getting around the technical parts of the game. If you could some some how ignore that. What do you think about the game?
Nice that they are patching it, but I stopped playing this hot mess a while ago.