Tom Clancy’s The Division is going down for a scheduled maintenance later on today, and with the downtime, Ubisoft will be releasing a new patch which it teased just a few days ago and we expected it to have tweaks to the Dark Zone to offer a greater incentive for Rogue Agents.
Some of the most notable changes include Named Enemies now dropping better loot in both Challenge and Hard modes as well as no longer respawning being killed in the Open World, a number of exploits, and changes to the Dark Zone.
For the Dark Zone, players will now be able to heal neutral players by using either First Aid or Support Station skills, can now fast travel to DZ checkpoints, a longer disconnect timer, and all players will lose less DZ Funds and experience, regardless if you've gone Rogue.
Here's the full patch notes for you to look over, which will be available on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One once the server maintenance completes:
- Named enemies. will now drop better loot in Challenge mode than in Hard mode.
- Added a cooldown period for the Static Turret stun attack in order to avoid a stunlock in PvP and PvE game modes.
- Named NPCs will no longer respawn after being killed in the Open World. This will prevent situations where players were able to kill a same named NPC over and over again.
- Modifications to the weapon talent: Trained.
- It can now only be rolled on Shotgun, Marksman rifles and Pistols
- Its bonus has been reduced from 1%-5% to a constant 0.1%
- For the Midas SMGs, Trained Talent has been replaced with Responsive Talent which increases damage when getting closer to the target. This applies to existing weapons as well as newly acquired ones
- For all SMGs, LMGs, and Assault Rifles, it will be replaced with another randomly picked weapon talent. This applies to existing weapons as well as newly acquired ones
- Fixed a speed run exploit for the Rooftop Comm Relay mission
- Fixed an issue where weapons dealt no damage if the reload animation was interrupted by an agent’s skill
- Fixed an issue where players became stuck in an emote animation if activated via chat while auto running
- Fixed a bug where skill power would be increased permanently while using the Death by Proxy talent
- Fixed a bug where experience was not being awarded for completing all side-missions in the Midtown East safe house
- Fixed instances where the Seeker Mine with Airburst / Multi-mine mod would detonate too soon, miss targets or cause no damage
- Fixed a bug where grenades would sometimes not display the blast radius warning before detonating
- Fixed an issue where some NPCs in low cover would not react to being shot by the player
- Fixed issues where emotes would cause the player model to behave oddly (missing guns, player stuck in emote animation, etc)
- Fixed a bug where weapon mods and weapon skins would not show up on other players in the game world
- Fixed an issue where DPS would not be calculated properly when purchasing a new weapon mod
- Players can now heal other neutral players in the Dark zone, by using First Aid and Support Station skills
- Players are now able to fast travel to Dark Zone checkpoints, but only when coming from outside the Dark Zone
- The Dark Zone disconnect timer has been increased to 30 seconds, meaning players will remain in the game world longer when logging out while in the Dark Zone (this applies while not in combat)
- Items extracted from the Dark Zone are now properly marked as "new" items when moved to the players inventory
- Players killed in the Dark Zone now drop ammo, medkits and grenades. This loot is generated and not taken from the dying players’ inventory
- Players killed in the Dark Zone will lose less Dark Zone Funds and Experience (Rogue and non-Rogue)
- Dark Zone Funds and Experience rewards for surviving Rogue status have been improved
- Dark Zone Funds and Experience rewards for killing Rogue agents have been improved
- Phoenix Credits drop have been increased on lvl 31 and 32 enemies in the Dark Zone: Please note that due to this fix causing client stability issues, we have to remove it from this update until it can be addressed in a next one
- Lvl 30: 1-3 Phoenix Credits
- Lvl 31: 2-4 Phoenix Credits
- Lvl 32: 3-5 Phoenix Credits
- Increased drop rate of High-End items from lvl 31 and 32 named NPCs in the Dark Zone.
- Increased drop rate of High-End Division Tech Material from lvl 32 named NPCs in the Dark Zone.
- Improved Dark Zone Chests items quality:
- Rank 30 chests will now drop Superior (Purple) items instead of Specialized (Blue)
- Keys chests now have a chance to drop High-End (Gold) items
- Dark Zone Funds drop rates and quantity on NPCs has been reduced.
- Fixed a bug where the Wildfire and Fear Tactics talents were affecting neutral players in the Dark Zone.
- Fixed instances where players would receive a DELTA error message when entering the Dark Zone
- Fixed a bug where sometimes players could not loot anything after returning to the game following a network disconnection
- Fixed Stage 1 Rogue timers not displaying correctly when Rogue players receive damage from another player
- Fixed a few lights that did not cast global illumination
- Added more information for Daily missions on the Map
- Tutorials have received some UI polish
- The Matchmaking menu now displays the mission difficulty rating more prominently
- The mini-map mission tracker has been optimized to be less confusing to players
- Fixed a bug where some of the attributes for high-end equipment were cut-off in the recalibration menu
- Fixed a bug where the Matchmaking menu for a mission would not display correctly or kept disappearing
- Fixed missing item icons in the Reward Claim Vendor's inventory
- Fixed incorrect side-missions being displayed in the Map legend
- Fixed a bug where the helicopter crash SFX would be missing from the Brooklyn end cinematic
- Fixed a bug where the Zapper Turret mod had no sound
- Fixed a bug where the audio for entering a contaminated area would be cut-off
- Fixed a bug where audio would not play when scrolling through vanity items
- Fixed Ubisoft CLUB reward descriptions in Korean and Traditional Chinese
- In-game localization bug fixes
- Tobii Eye Tracking bug fixes and improvements
- On launch, the PC client now monitors PC graphic settings and applies the best settings for the user’s configuration. This is unless the user has custom settings.
- Fixed an issue where the Map was sometimes difficult to navigate with a mouse
- Fixed issues with Hungarian, Korean, and Russian localizations
- Fixed an issue that prevented matchmaking while on the Map
- Removed the Store button from the Character Selection screen on PC versions of the game. Players can find the store page in the Ubisoft CLUB app directly
- Fixed increment number on Day 1 Patch Notes (was 1.1, now correctly states 1.01)
- Fixed a bug where players could not reconnect to the servers after suspending the game on Xbox One
- Fixed a bug on Xbox One where unblocking a player would not be reflected in-game until title reboot
- Added an option to disable the PlayStation 4 controller speaker
- Improved textures and models streaming speed
- Fixed an issue where ISAC volume could get too loud when playing with headsets
Daniel Perez posted a new article, The Division patch 1.02 notes released for PS4, PC, and Xbox One
RIP Bullet King!
well wasnt the problem that he got RIP'd too much?
Oh good, the best part of any mmo are the endless waves of nerfs to the fun stuff players have figured out how to do with the game, making sure we all have the boring experience they intended. Fuck it.
Of all the descriptions people used in threads for BK farming 'fun' wasn't one that I saw. Typically it was 'boring' and people were just doing it because of efficiency. Will have to see what the CM boss loot drops look like to see if they were successful in improving the 'intended' loot farm.
Yes because farming one single mob is super fun. I don't know why developers even try to build these huge unfun worlds around the tiny fun part.
what fun stuff did the nerf?
There was a 'world boss' that people could unintentionally kill over and over fairly quickly for crap loot that was useful for salvaging and a decent stream of Phoenix Credit currency (used for high end blueprints, re-rolling stats on items) for those that didn't want to do the Challenge Mode missions repeatedly.
That was fun?
I've taken advantage of bugs like that in a number of games over the years but I would never call them fun and they all needed to be addressed as soon as possible for the betterment of the game as a whole. The only bad part about this is simply it wasn't hot fixed earlier.
Really sounds like nothing of value was lost. Sure I loved to loot cave in Destiny too but they were right to kill that just as Ubi is right to kill the BulletKing exploit.
1. I did not know there was an autorun feature; I'll have to find that binding.
2. Sad to see that under UI, there was no cleanup done on making menu controls more universal, particularly with regards to Item Compare / Equip. Sometimes it's F, sometimes it's G, sometimes it's 1. That whole inventory management system is a disaster and needs more attention paid to it.
Default autorun key on PC is 'x'. x + shift was super handy during the leveling up process with all the running to get to the new Safe Houses to unlock. You may also want to look into the 'auto parkour' setting which will enable you to mantle things automatically.
I dont like keeping that enabled as it fucks up while getting into cover sometimes. I have vault rebound to space and just holding it down in the sections you want works the same way as the parkour mode I think
Yeah, I disabled it eventually due to it kicking in unintentionally with hilarious consequences, like vaulting off of a 3rd floor fire escape while trying to just run up the stairs.
I sure hope you were recording when that happened :)
Which time? heh. Sadly I'm not recording at all as my system performance is already a bit less than I'd like.
1. I believe it is X by default on on PC
And the broken mouse scrolling when equiping gear mods.
And also scrolling down to see skills when comparing items.
The game's fun, but that UI is a complete disaster.
I want a sidewalk memorial for bullet king.
Phoenix Credits drop have been increased on lvl 31 and 32 enemies in the Dark Zone:
Lvl 30: 1-3 Phoenix Credits
Lvl 31: 2-4 Phoenix Credits
Lvl 32: 3-5 Phoenix Credits
this was actually removed because it crashed the game. they are going to change it at a later date.
The changes made (or planned) doesn't seem to make the Dark Zone interesting for me. It's mostly a place where you grind random mobs devoid of any quests or background content, everything while Internet randoms continuously try to jump into your line of fire in an attempt to mark you as rogue and gank you with their buddies group. I guess you can go there to PVP, but it is open world PVP, and by that I mean there is no balance or coordination of any kind, you'll either outlevel/outnumber your opponent or be outlevel/outnumbered by them. It is gank or be ganked, and that is everything there is to it.
Considering the amount of effort required, the time involved, and the risks you face, I find zero incentive to go there. And that is the only content you have available once you beat the 'game' (not that there is a lot of game to begin with, other than the few short main missions, everything is about randomly generated side quests following a small number of templates).