Razer has announced it will be releasing a new Razer Blade gaming laptop that features a faster processor and additional VRAM.
The new Razer Blade features an Intel Core i7-6700HQ quad-core processor, and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M with 6GB GDDR5 VRAM, 16GB 2133 MHz DDR4 RAM and a 14-inch IGZO QHD+ display capable of a 3200 x 1800 resolution with LED backlight and capacitive multitouch.
The Razer Blade also comes with a USB-C port, three USB 3.0 ports, HDMI 1.4b, Killer Wireless-AC 1535, a 3.5mm headphone/mic combo port, and an anti-ghosting keyboard with per-key lighting.
With all of these improvements to the Razer Blade, the laptop remains 0.70 inches thin and weighs 4.25 pounds, which makes it more portable than previous iterations.
There are two options for the Razer Blade: a 256GB model for $1999 and a 512GB model for $2199 with pre-orders starting today.
Here's the full spec sheet for the new Razer Blade:
- Intel® Core i7-6700HQ Quad-Core Processor (2.6 GHz / 3.5 GHz)
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX™ 970M (6 GB GDDR5 VRAM)
- 16 GB Systems Memory (DDR4, 2133 MHz)
- Windows® 10 64-bit
- 256 GB / 512 GB SSD (PCIe M.2) options
- 14.0-in. IGZO QHD+ 16:9 Ratio, 3200x1800, with LED backlight, capacitive multi-touch
- Anti-ghosting keyboard with per-key lighting Powered by Chroma
- Killer™ Wireless-AC 1535 (802.11a/b/g/n/ac + Bluetooth® 4.1)
- Thunderbolt™ 3 (USB-C™)
- USB 3.0 port x3 (SuperSpeed)
- HDMI 1.4b video and audio output
- 3.5 mm headphone/microphone combo port
- Built-in webcam (2.0 MP)
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Array microphone
- Dolby® Digital Plus Home Theater Edition
- 7.1 Codec support (via HDMI)
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM 2.0) security chip embedded
- Razer Synapse enabled with programmable keyboard, trackpad, backlighting, and fan control
- Kensington™ security slot
- Compact 165 W power adapter
- Built-in 70 Wh rechargeable lithium-ion polymer battery
- Approx. Size: 0.70 in. / 17.9 mm (Height) x 13.6 in. / 345 mm (Width) x 9.3 in. / 235 mm (Depth)
- Approx. Weight: 4.25 lbs. / 1.93 kg