Update: The servers are now back up.
Ubisoft has announced it will be taking down its servers for The Division later on this evening / early morning for a scheduled maintenance.
The servers will be taken down starting at 1:00am ET / 10:00pm PT, which may not be the most opportune time considering many The Division players probably plan on spending another late night with the game.
The announcement can be seen within The Division’s News board when you first log into the game. It points players to its official forums, which reveals the server maintenance is expected to take approximately two hours.
The Division suffered from slight hiccups as its servers were being bombarded with new players during launch. Since then, they have been stable as we haven't heard many reports regarding any unexpected downtime.
Considering Ubisoft released The Division a little over 24 hours, it's telling just how much its servers are taking a beating if it already needs to schedule server maintenance. Hopefully everything goes according to plan as we can't imagine Agents sitting by for too long while New York City is absolutely ravaged by looters.
While you wait for The Division to come back online, why not check out some of our guides?
- Tom Clancy's: The Division - Collectibles, Walkthrough And Guide
- The Division - All Phone Recording Locations
- The Division - All Survival Guide Locations
- The Division - How To Get Infinite Crafting Materials (Exploit)
- How To Get Lockpicks In The Division
- How To Upgrade Your Filter Level In The Division
- Where To Find The Rewards Vendor In The Division
Daniel Perez posted a new article, The Division servers going down tonight for maintenance
7:00pm AEDT for any Aussies who play.