Rainbow Six Siege players may not want to hear about any more additional updates considering what the last one did to the game, but today, Ubisoft has announced patch 2.1 is now live on PC and will be available on February 16 for console players.
Patch 2.1 offers support for both custom games and spectator camera on dedicated servers, although there are some limitations. There needs to be a total of 10 players in a custom game for it to start on a dedicated server, and in order to have a spectator camera, the host needs to create the game as a Spectator. That means, in total, there should be 10 players and 1 spectator in a match.
In addition to improved dedicated server support, Ubisoft has made a number of general tweaks and improvements, which includes the reduction of Blitz’s head model and hitbox, fixing the “Black Jesus” pose, and a number of exploits.
The patch size weighs in at 1.2GB, so you should prepare for quite the lengthy update the next time you fire up the PC version. Console owners, it’ll be your turn to sit around waiting for this update next week.
Here’s the full list of patch notes:
Custom Games and Spectator Camera on dedicated servers
10 player Custom Games can now be hosted on dedicated servers, which offers a fair gameplay environment that better suits competition. Dedicated servers means no host advantage, better stability, and makes it harder to cheat. We also are making the Spectator Camera feature available on dedicated servers, allowing an 11th person to observe matches held on those servers.
There are currently limitations on using said feature. We do plan on making it more accessible and improving the feature over time, but wanted to share it today with you.
- There must be 10 players for a Custom Game on dedicated servers to start.
- In order to create a game with a Spectator, the spectator has to be the one creating said game as Spectator. In that case, there will be 10 players and 1 spectator in a match.
- Only one spectator can be present in a Custom Match hosted on dedicated servers.
- Even though it is on dedicated servers, if the match creator quits, the lobby is disbanded.
- These matches are invite only.
- You will have 10 minutes to fill the lobby and start to game to keep the match on a dedicated server.
- There is currently no way to return to an already started match if you leave or disconnect.
- As the creator, you won’t be able to create a new Custom Game on dedicated servers for 10 minutes if you shut down your previous Custom Game hosted on dedicated servers.
In order to launch a Custom Game on dedicated servers, from the main menu, select:
- CUSTOM GAME
- CREATE NEW PLAYLIST (or select one you already made)
- Fill Playlist Name
- Press Add a Match, then edit the details of your match and save your playlist.
- Select any of your previously created playlists, this will bring up the CREATE GAME panel.
- Decide whether you want to Create as Player or Create as Spectator.
- Select Server Type: Dedicated Server
- Allow Spectator will be automatically set to off, however you can join yourself as a Spectator.
Data Centers can be selected for Custom Games hosted on dedicated servers
If players or spectators do not wish for the game to be hosted in their default region’s data center, they will be able to change when creating the game, by changing the selection from the Data Center category.
List of Data center abbreviations and full names:
- default (based on ping)
- eus (US East)
- cus (US Central)
- scus (US South Central)
- wus (US West)
- sbr (Brazil South)
- neu (Europe North)
- weu (Europe West)
- eas (Asia East)
- seas (Asia South East)
- eau (Australia East)
- wja (Japan West)
General Tweaks & Improvements
Tweaked Blitz’s head model and hitbox to have the same amount of exposure as the other shield-wielding Operators and Recruits.
Blitz’s opponents were able to headshot him with ease over his shield due to his big head model. We have reduced the size of his head model and made his shield taller.
Tweaked recoil on certain weapons in order to make them more controllable.
- PKP Pecheneg
- (PC only) AUG
Added HUD presets in Custom Games to accommodate different needs
- Added ESL Pro League S1 HUD, which is the preset chosen by ESL for their tournaments.
- Altered Hardcore HUD, which is our first iteration leading to the Hardcore Mode. It is not final and is just a first step we can share as we work on completing the Game Mode.
Daily Challenges now accumulate daily without needing to log in
- Players no longer need to log in at least once every 24 hours to get a new challenge. Instead, one challenge is granted every day to every player that has at least one free challenge slot, even if they don't log in.
Fairfight cheating kick message updated to make it clearer
- When a player is banned, an unclear message was broadcasted to all players playing in public matchmaking ‘[PLAYER] has removed from the match by FairFight™.’ From now on, the message ‘[PLAYER] has been banned from the game by FairFight™.’ will be broadcasted instead.
Main Bug Fixes
Please be aware that this is not an exhaustive list and that we are only highlighting fixes that were done about the most commonly raised bugs.
- Operators sometimes are displayed in T-Pose, slide around the maps and don’t have any textures. – FIXED
- Headshot hits do not register properly. – FIXED (We will keep looking for additional improvement opportunities.)
- Exploit: Kapkan’s trap can have an invisible laser if specific steps are followed. – FIXED
- Exploit: Bandit could duplicate the batteries in his inventory by doing a certain behavior. – FIXED
- Exploit: Players able to clip inside walls using Deployable Shields. – FIXED
- Collar collision on Frost and Buck, make headshots register as upper body damage. – FIXED
- Glaz is able to take down Castle Barricades with only 4 shots. – FIXED
- Player able to clip inside walls by using Deployable Shields. – FIXED
- Nitro Cells stick to the edges of tiny leaves on plants. – FIXED .
- Switching weapons takes Buck out of the Skeleton Key mode. – FIXED
- Blitz’s gadget blinds players who were not facing it. – FIXED
- Frost’s Welcome Mat is not destroyed when placed on a trap door which is then reinforced. – FIXED
- Sometimes, players get an infinite reload animation. – FIXED
- Sometimes, players cannot reload their weapon. – FIXED
- Player has a jammed screen if holding the drone in his or her hand near a Signal Disrupter. – FIXED
- If an attacker is killed at the same time as they finish placing the defuser, the defender won’t be able to disable it. – FIXED
- Armored barricades placed by Castle appear as intact when Castle is looking at them, while they are displayed as destroyed for other players. – FIXED
- PVE: Inconsistency between the number of AI displayed to be killed at the start of the session on Yacht and the one displayed for the rest of the maps on all difficulty levels. The amount of AI spawning was not the same as the amount of AI displayed. It was 20 on all difficulty levels while it should have been 22 (normal), 26 (hard) and 30 (realistic). – FIXED
- (PC) Cannot HOLD Sprint when Walk is set to TOGGLE. – FIXED
- Yacht: when playing during daytime with Montagne, broken glass decals are completely dark. – TENTATIVE FIX (We will be tracking for it once Patch 2.1 goes live, currently cannot reproduce the bug anymore internally. Please reach out to customer support if you experience it after the patch is live, thank you!)
Level design fixes
- Yacht ceiling glitch exploit: player is able to vault near the roof of the front end of the boat inside the map’s ceiling, gaining a tactical advantage. – FIXED
- Presidential Plane glitch exploit: Drone can jump through a wall in the Cargo and get inside the Plane’s textures. – FIXED
- Oregon glitch: an exterior brick wall could be shot through from EXT Farmlands. - FIXED
- Yacht slot machine glitch: after shooting the slot machine, it creates a vault detection that makes the player vault. - FIXED
- Yacht: exterior cameras are missing their location names. – FIXED
- Yacht: drones can go out of world at the EXT East Glacier. – FIXED
- Yacht: drones can fall in the water and out of map at the King of the World location. – FIXED
- Yacht: asset left floating after destroying wall in the Infirmary. – FIXED
- Club House: players can fall out of world when installing a booby trap in the Basement. – FIXED
- Chalet: Invisible collision present on the table located in the Dining Room at 1F. – FIXED
- Bank: light issue present on the South wall of the CEO Office. – FIXED
- Players sometimes join a Ranked match that is already in progress. – FIXED
- Cannot Vote Kick a second player from a PVP session and Team Kill Auto-Kick and Hostage Kill Auto-Kick become unavailable. – FIXED
- Error code 0-0x00000602 is received when returning from a matchmaking game to looking for players step. – FIXED
- PVE: Broken friendly fire kick system. – FIXED
- Custom Game: After being kicked from a Custom Game session, the player is able to join through the Open to Friends option. – FIXED
- In Custom Games, the Hardcore HUD features the old Simplified HUD settings. – FIXED
- There is no timer present during the lobby screen. – FIXED
- Platinum Rank appears misspelled in the End of Round Screen. – FIXED
- Gun icon is displayed in the Round Log instead of the fall icon when bleeding out from fall damage in the game. – FIXED
- Players playing Lone Wolf receive Situations’ Renown and XP. – FIXED
- Yacht: Missing weapon textures during PVP matches. – FIXED
- The lower part of Blitz’s character model is flickering. – FIXED
- Weapons show black texture after playing several Custom sessions in a row. – FIXED
- When reloading L85A2, ammo magazine clips through weapon. – FIXED
- MP7’s attachments conflict with the default iron sight. – FIXED
- There is no sound for the Season 1 Operators when reloading their weapons. – FIXED
- Frost’s Welcome Mat gadget has no sound effects when deployed or picked up. – FIXED
- Minor bugs present in Spectator Camera. – FIXED
- PVE: First person gun models and players are invisible occasionally. – FIXED
- (PC) It is possible to see through walls using NVidia SLI. – FIXED
- (PS4) ‘Recently met players’ feature now functional (was already working on XB1). – FIXED
Daniel Perez posted a new article, Rainbow Six Siege patch 2.1 fixes a lot of its major issues; patch notes, size, and date revealed
These patch notes are really encouraging, but man it's so weird to read commentary about games that I currently play.
The opening paragraph makes it sound like the last patch like completely screwed up the game, or introduced game-breaking bugs, or something like that. But having played a bunch before and after that patch, I saw very little difference. Maybe a little bug here or there - they actually fixed one of the big bugs too.
Especially interested to see the different HUDs that are available. And glad to see they fixed the invisible bugs.
The 2.0 patch introduced 4 really bad and almost game breaking bugs.
PS4 Black Jesus
Glaz / Castle wall glitch
New map out of area glitch
Headshots not registering
Sure, but it hasn't really effected my play at all, so there's a disconnect.
Could be I've been lucky in avoiding these things.
I encountered the headshot registration numerous times. Never saw black jesus as I think that was a mostly an issue on ps4 but maybe other systems also. I got shot through a few castle walls that were up on my screen and displayed on the kill cam for me.
I've definitely seen the headshot thingy and Glaz thingy quite a bit, though I didn't realize it was headshot specific, I just thought the lag compensation was way off. Happy to hear it's fixed though! I dunno what that out of area thing is.
You could jump out of the map on Yacht and be above the map but see everyone and shoot them through the world.
Oh damn, that's fucked. I can't believe with all the times I've gotten that map in the last few days that no one has used it against us.
Yeah I was shocked to never have it happen but then I only say the spot on herford used a couple of times. Maybe it's because it's just so blatant that people didn't want to abuse it.
Yeah that's pretty bad lol
That headshot thing was really bad.
Yeah definitely the headshots not registering for me.
Can't wait, excited to get back into playing! Since we constantly have 2 teams of 5 we should be doing custom matches and start a Shack Tourney.
This team is really doing a great job. Keep up the good effort.
Is it worth buying the gold edition to get the season pass?
I don't know what comes with the season pass, but on the latest new content patch, I believe all the season pass got people was access to the new Operators a whole week early. I believe they still had to pay for them (using cash or Renown which you earn thru the game). But I could be wrong!
You are wrong. Season pass gives you all the new operatives for no cost (well, cost of season pass that is!) one week prior to non season pass holders and some skins. Since I received RSS "free" with my new video card I found 20 bucks for the season pass to be well worth the money. I've had no problem racking up 80,000 renown points in the last 3-4 weeks though, so paying for the new ops is totally up to you. Pretty awesome that all the new content is available to everyone no matter if you buy a SP or not. That's good business!
The RPS review said no. Apparently all the season pass does is accelerate unlocking of stuff. It doesn't actually give you access to anything exclusive.
Will go for the reg, thanks!
$60 CAD "on sale"... still not low enough to convince me to jump in ;(