Nintendo will be adding a number of features in an upcoming update to Super Mario Maker, including a new vehicle, new obstacles, and more.
The upcoming Super Mario Maker is scheduled to launch on December 21 and will include the following new features:
- Fire Koopa Clown Car: This volcanic vessel is capable of shooting fireballs as well as a powerful charged shot that can even destroy Blocks. It’s perfect for creating shoot-’em-up-style courses.
- P Warp Doors: Unlike regular Warp Doors, these are only visible while a P Switch is active – perfect for creating truly devious Ghost House courses.
- Bumper:This bouncy donut-shaped object sends Mario bounding away when touched.
- World Records: Now pages will display the World Record for each course uploaded, displaying the fastest clear time.
- Super Mario Maker Bookmark: Levels that players have bookmarked to play later using the Web portal will be accessible from the Course World tab.
The Super Mario Maker Bookmark can be accessed from your computer, tablet, and smartphone and requires a Nintendo Network ID to log in. The portal will allow players to browse a number of recommended courses, or search for courses through the use of filters, such as difficulty, game theme, or course style. Players can also search using a selection of tags, which makes it easier to find course that may fall into specific categories, like ones that play automatically, puzzle, or music. Levels that interest players can then be bookmarked for instant access the next time they launch Super Mario Maker.
The update will be released on December 21 and will be available for free to all Super Mario Maker players.
Daniel Perez posted a new article, Super Mario Maker update adds new items, bookmarks, and more on Dec. 21
That bookmark thing is exactly what the game needs. Cool!
Yeah, the bookmarks sound good, but the really should be built into the game instead of needing an external website to use.
The mention tags, how do the levels get tagged? By the author, or by players of the level? Do they get tagged in game, or only through this new website?
very nice!!! Im really happy Nintendo is showing good support for Maker. Im still waiting for slopes tho.
Can't wait to see what troll levels people come up with using P-switch doors.
Woohoo! Those p-switch enabled doors are going to fun. Just in time for my Christmas vacation.