Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance was released on PlayStation 4 just last month, but PC gamers will finally get their chance with the infamous strategy RPG series as the original Disgaea is scheduled to release on PC in February 2016.
Disgaea PC will feature updated UI and textures, support for both keyboard/mouse and controller inputs, and will make use of Steam features, such as achievements, cloud saves, badges, and trading cards. The title will feature the original story that involves prince Laharl discovering the Netherworld is in turmoil after the of his father, Overlord Krichevskoy, as well as all content from Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness.
Here are the key features players can expect from Disgaea PC:
- An SRPG from the most prolific SRPG creators in the world, Nippon Ichi Software
- Choose from over 40 unique character types
- Even with a max level of 9999, use Transmigration to start all over again, but your characters will be even stronger per level!
- Delve into the Item World, a randomly generated dungeon world, to level up your items!
- With max level characters and leveled-up items, dish out millions of points of damage!
- Over-the-top battle animations
- Geo Panels - A puzzle game within a Strategy RPG
- Lift & Throw - Throw your allies up ledges to reach enemies in hard-to-reach spots, or toss your enemies around instead!
- A zany story set in the Netherworld, where the notions of good and evil are reversed
Daniel Perez posted a new article, Disgaea headed to PC in February 2016
This is a game I don't have nearly enough time to play, but I'm going to buy it anyways.
Fuck yes, I loved the original Disgaea, d00d!!
It's a prinny cool game.
I wonder if this means they'll bring them all to PC. Otherwise, it'd be a shame, since Disgaea 5 is the most mechanically deep game in the series and definitely the one I'd recommend to people at this point if they hadn't played any.