Blizzard announced StarCraft 2’s Medic, better known as Lt. Morales, would soon be entering the Nexus. We got a close look at her, as well as other characters, in a recent preview and today, her abilities list have been revealed.
Here’s the full list of her abilities:
- Caduceus Reactor: After going four seconds without taking damage, regenerate 3 percent of your max health every second.
- Healing Beam (Q): Heal a single ally every half second for as long as they remain near you. Pressing Q allows you to reselect your target, or you can cancel the channeling by activating your trait. There is no cooldown on this ability.
- Safeguard (W): Reduce the damage the targeted ally takes for three seconds.
- Displacement Grenade (E): Throw out a grenade that explodes as soon as it comes into contact with an enemy, dealing damage and knocking nearby enemies back.
- Medivac Dropship (R): Select a spot to travel to, causing you to enter a dropship. Teammates can then join you, and after four seconds, you'll travel to the chosen area.
- Stim Drone (R): Select an ally to receive a 75 percent increase in attack speed and 25 percent additional movement speed for ten seconds.
We knew Lt. Morales would focus primarily on being a healer, and it looks like her abilities make her a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield. Not only does her trait allow her to heal herself every second, but she can also continue feeding a healing beam to an ally as long as she's close to them. Teaming her up with complete powerhouses like The Butcher or King Leoric would be a big problem for the opposing team, and her Heroics make her even more devestating.
There's still no word as to when Lt. Morales will be available to play, but we'll be sure to let you know as soon as she is.
Daniel Perez posted a new article, Heroes of the Storm medic abilities reveal Lt. Morales is serious about healing
Hopefully Blizz will clarify about bonus stacking. Such as:
Raynor - Inspire - 25% attack speed
Abathor - Symbiote - increase host attack speed
Morales - 75% increase
If all of that stacks, we're talking about > 100% attack speed for one hero.
Someone captured some footage from PTR of Illidan with Abathur and Morales' attack speed buff on him at the same time.
Loved that show when I first discovered it. Hasn't aged too well.
Nice, looks cool
Nice! Love that the beam doesn't have a cooldown so this plays much like a TF2 medic. Doesn't seem to have any strong attacks though outside of the grenade, so you'll want to stick close to an attacker at all times.
Looking forward to trying this hero out.
I think that's the balance vs Li Li and Mal where both can still do decent dmg. Although, either can be pretty strong healers.
I hope they're playing attention to balance. It gets progressively harder when you place characters on the extremes of the scale.