343 Industries has issued yet another patch for Halo: The Master Chief Collection this week. This latest patch adds support fit Halo 4's Spartan Ops game mode as well as a number of improvements to the title's matchmaking, roster, and custom games.
Some of the notable updates includes ensuring matchmaking matched begin once each team has an even amount of players, improvements to stat tracking, and causing players to receive a loss of they disconnect from a match prior to its end.
We learned late last week 343 Industries will not only be adding Halo 3: ODST campaign to The Master Chief Collection, but it'll also be made available for free. Considering all of the headaches the collection has caused both the developers and players, this is certainly a step in the right direction.
Here's the full list of patch notes 343 Industries has issued in the latest update for The Master Chief Collection:
- Added the entirety of Halo 4’s Spartan Ops mode
- Made an update to make sure a match only starts when teams are even.
- Players will now receive a ‘loss’ when disconnecting before a round has ended.
- Made an update to include all split screen players in vote tally.
- Resolved an issue that caused players to become stuck “Joining Session.”
- Resolved an issue where players could be dropped from matchmaking after disconnecting their controller.
General Multiplayer Updates:
- Made additional improvements to Halo: CE hit registration.
- Made an update to the “Halo 2: Anniversary Career Progress” page to ensure achievements are correctly tracked.
- Fixed an issue where it took a long time to join players that are in a Multiplayer lobby.
General UI/Menu Updates:
- Made additional improvements to Roster update times.
- Fixed Halo 3 game type text when viewing saved data in “My Files”.
Halo 2: Anniversary Campaign:
- Fixed an issue where the ‘Black Eye Skull’ incorrectly prevented players from reaching checkpoints.
- Fixed an issue where cross-game playlists could fail to progress to the next level.
- Made several fixes to Campaign Playlist Carnage Reports.
- Fixed an issue where Halo 3 Cooperative Playlist progress would not save correctly when completing a mission.
- Made changes to ensure that Competitive Scoring and Timing are tracked correctly in Halo CE and Halo 2 Campaign Playlists.
Stats & Medals:
- Made updates to improve stat tracking.
- Fixed an issue where the “Steaktacular” medal would not be correctly awarded in Halo 3.
- Fixed an issue where the “Supercombine” medal would be incorrectly awarded in the Halo 4 Campaign.
- Made an update to ensure that the “Flaming Ninja Anniversary” achievement unlocks when prerequisites are met.
- Updated the Halo 2 “Boxer” Button Layout.
- Updated the Halo 4 “Legacy” Thumbstick Layout.
- Made several updates to improve overall game stability.
Daniel Perez posted a new article, Halo: The Master Chief Collection adds Spartan Ops in latest patch
This shit should be optional. That's 3 GB that I need for other stuff (and I already finished Spec Ops on the 360).
I mean Spartan Ops
You make a valid point. Considering how much 343 Industries left off of the game's physical disc, there really should be options on certain features. Although, at the same time, if given options, I'm sure a lot of players will complain about everything just not automatically being available from the get go.
I guess 342 can't win at all after the messy launch. I, for one, will forgive them if they add a remastered Reach campaign.
support fit Spartan Ops