Like in every Super Smash Bro. there are always a unlockable items to obtain. To make the experience quick, and painless, here’s a complete breakdown for each playable fighter, and stage in the new installment.
All unlockable characters can be unlocked by playing a large quality of Smash Mode battles. Just play 120 Smash Mode matches with some friends, and you'll to unlock every character. For example by playing 100 matches against human opponents, you will unlock Browser JR.
Some characters have alternate methods to unlocking them. Fighters can be unlocked using varied methods, and you are not required to perform all of the tasks. Once you meet the requirements listed below, you have to defeat the fighter in battle.
If you lose an unlock battle then complete the requirements you will continue to face the same character you to face the same fighter you lost to. This will happen until you have defeated and unlocked the fighter restoring the normal rotation. Doing so will allow you to be able to unlock new characters.
- Bowser Jr. - Play 100 matches in Smash mode; beat Classic Mode as Bowser on Extra Spicy (6.0 Intensity) difficulty or higher
- Dark Pit Play - Play 50 matches in Smash mode; beat Classic Mode four times.
- Dr. Mario - Play 60 matches in Smash mode
- Duck Hunt - Play 110 matches in Smash mode
- Falco - Play 20 matches in Smash mode. - Beat Classic Mode one time
- Ganondorf - Play 80 matches in Smash mode
- Jigglypuff - Play 120 matches in Smash mode. - Beat Classic Mode on Infernal (7.0 Intensity) difficulty or higher
- Lucina - Play 40 matches in Smash mode; beat Classic Mode with Marth on Standard (2.0 Intensity) difficulty or higher, without using any continues
- Mr. Game & Watch - Play 90 matches in Smash mode
- Ness - Play 10 matches in Smash mode
- R.O.B. - Play 70 matches in Smash mode
- Wario - Play 30 matches in Smash mode
Stages are unlocked by winning battles in Smash mode. You can achieve this feat by defeating CPU opponents, which can be set to any difficulty. The fastest way to completing Smash mode matches is to set the rules to one stock and jump off the stage as soon as the match begins. If you have to win the match, set mode to the easiest.
The most challenging aspect of getting stages in Super Smash is completing the Final Smash. We found the easiest way to completing this was to play against CPU fighters, and set it to level with the Smash Ball activated. This will allow you to use Smash Balls more frequently as they appear.
- Balloon Fight - Use Villager three times in a Smash mode battle
- Dream Land - Use a Final Smash while playing as Kirby in a Smash mode battle
- Flat Zone 2 - Play 90 matches in Smash mode to battle against Mr. Game & Watch; defeat Mr. Game & Watch to unlock character and the stage.
- Pac- Maze - Use a Final Smash while playing as Pac-Man in a Smash mode battle
- Magicant - Play 10 matches in Smash mode to battle against Ness; defeat Ness to unlock character and the stage
- Mute City - Win three Smash mode battles with Captain Falcon
- WarioWare, Inc. - Play 30 matches in Smash mode to battle against Wario; defeat Wario to unlock character and the stage
Shack Staff posted a new article, Super Smash Bros for 3DS Character and Stage Unlock Guide.
Tips for beating all the stages in Super Smash Bros. on 3DS, and unlocking all the playable characters.
my body is ready