Weekend Confirmed 171 - Xbox One, The Last of Us Spoiler-Cast

By Ozzie Mejia, Jun 28, 2013 11:00am PDT

With Jeff Cannata absent, host Garnett Lee is left to discuss the beginning of the summer doldrums. He welcomes in "Indie" Jeff Mattas and Nikole Zivalich to discuss any final Xbox One thoughts before shifting to Borderlands 2's Assault on Dragon's Keep DLC and discuss the pros and cons of the Season Pass model. Shacknews' Andrew Yoon joins the show for the latter half to help briefly discuss Company of Heroes 2, before ending the normal part of the show a little early with some Finishing Move. That paves the way for a special Spoiler-cast, as the final half-hour of the show is fully dedicated to discussing The Last of Us and its many twists and turns. If you haven't finished the game yet, bookmark it for the future. If you have, enjoy the discussion!

Weekend Confirmed Ep. 171: 6/28/2013

Subscription Links:

Here's a handy pop-up player so you can listen from right here on the page. Let us know how it works for you.

If you're viewing this in the GameFly application, you can play Weekend Confirmed Episode 171 directly.

Weekend Confirmed comes in four segments to make it easy to listen to in segments or all at once. Here's the timing for this week's episode:

    Show Breakdown:

    Round 1 - 00:00:35 - 00:30:14

    Round 2 - 00:31:41 - 00:56:59

    Round 3 - 01:03:58 - 01:31:17

    The Last of Us Spoiler-cast - 01:31:49 - 02:02:07

Follow the Weekend Confirmed crew on Twitter, too!

Weekend Confirmed @WeekendConfirmd

Garnett Lee @GarnettLee

Jeff Cannata @JeffCannata

Andrew Yoon @scxzor

Jeff Mattas @JeffMattas

Nikole Zivalich @NikoleZ

Remember to join the Official Facebook Weekend Confirmed Page and add us to your Facebook routine. We'll be keeping you up with the latest on the show there as well.

Original music in the show by Del Rio. Check out his latest music video, I Brought It Here, featuring cameos from Jeff Cannata and Christian Spicer on YouTube. Get his latest Album, Club Tipsy on iTunes. Check out more, including the Super Mega Worm mix and other mash-ups on his ReverbNation page or Facebook page, and follow him on twitter @delriomusic.

Click here to comment...

advertisement

Comments

  • Why is it still accepted to claim that voice commands are a feature of Kinect? Voice commands are 99% software and the remaining 1% is a microphone that is good at picking up the frequency of the human voice ... so 99% of all headset mics.

    Sure the Kinect SDK may very well make it easier for developers to use voice commands, but there is no reason for the device to be used.

    So stop claiming voice commands as something unique to Kinect. If MS wanted to promote them, they could have just packed in a headset or even the mic used in the Kinect as a standalone (would most likely have raised production costs by less than 5$). Voice commands are not exclusive to Kinect just as they were not exclusive to the iphone 4S ...