Video game awards season isn't truly over until the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences (AIAS) has had its say. This year, the PlayStation 3 title Journey stole the show. The title won eight of its 11 nominations, including Game of the Year, Outstanding Innovation in Gaming, and Outstanding Achievement in Game Direction.
The Walking Dead followed with four wins, including Downloadable Game and Adventure Game of the Year. Other multiple award winners included Halo 4 and XCOM: Enemy Unknown. The awards event also inducted Valve president Gabe Newell into the AIAS Hall of Fame, and honored Infocom co-founders Dave Lebling and Marc Blank with the AIAS Pioneer Award.
Check out a full list of the winners below:
- Game of the Year: Journey
- Action Game of the Year: Borderlands 2
- Adventure Game of the Year: The Walking Dead
- Strategy/Simulation Game of the Year: XCOM: Enemy Unknown
- Role-Playing/Massively Multiplayer Game of the Year: Mass Effect 3
- Sports Game of the Year: FIFA Soccer 13
- Racing Game of the Year: Need for Speed Most Wanted
- Fighting Game of the Year: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
- Downloadable Game of the Year: The Walking Dead
- Casual Game of the Year: Journey
- Mobile Game of the Year: Hero Academy
- Handheld Game of the Year: Paper Mario Sticker Star
- Web Based Game of the Year: SimCity Social
- Family Game of the Year: Skylanders Giants
- Outstanding Character Performance: The Walking Dead: Lee Everett
- Outstanding Innovation in Gaming: Journey
- Outstanding Achievement in Original Music Composition: Journey
- Outstanding Achievement in Sound Design: Journey
- Outstanding Achievement in Story: The Walking Dead
- Outstanding Achievement in Online Gameplay: Journey
- Outstanding Achievement in Connectivity: Halo 4
- Outstanding Achievement in Animation: Assassin's Creed 3
- Outstanding Achievement in Art Direction: Journey
- Outstanding Achievement in Visual Engineering: Halo 4
- Outstanding Achievement in Gameplay Engineering: XCOM: Enemy Unknown
- Outstanding Achievement in Game Direction: Journey
Steve Watts posted a new article, Journey wins top prize at DICE.
The DICE Awards gave Journey its top honors this year, and another seven awards besides. The event also gave multiple awards to Walking Dead, Halo 4, and XCOM: Enemy Unknown.
Now just put it on PC.
Right, Sony will do it???
GOOD! As much as people loved The Walking Dead, I thought Journey deserved the Nobel Prize of games last year.
I want to play this game really bad, but I don't want to buy a PS3 to do it.
I hate that. I wish the Xbox could make it as pretty as the PS3 did and I wish they would get it on the PC. It would have done better if it had a larger audience I think.
I wish the Xbox could make it as pretty as the PS3 did...
You really think that the 360 could keep Journey looking as it did and running as flawlessly on the PS3? I doubt it.
can't tell if serious.....
Are you for real?
This is sarcasm right?
buy a PS3 not just for it, but all the other PS3 exclusives and having a great blu-ray player too