The holiday season is officially upon us, Shackers. Since many of you are on vacation from work or school for Thanksgiving, what are you all playing? With the launch of the new WiiU platform, a ton of amazing games like Hitman: Absolution, and Planetside 2's entry into the free to play arena, this holiday season truly is a spectular time to enjoy gaming. Not to mention the bevy of great sales hitting this weekend.
Happy Thanksgiving from all of us here at Shacknews. We hope your holiday is wonderful!
(Click any editor's name to visit their Twitter page. Follow Shacknews on Twitter for regular updates.)
- Garnett Lee: With the extended holiday weekend ahead I finally have time to choose some things I want to play but what should they be? The “want to play” stack looks overwhelming. Though old, I’ll probably knock off the final run in Lost Odyssey so it can go back on the shelf completed. I’ll definitely be continuing my ironman campaign in XCOM: Enemy Unknown and from there I don’t know. I sorta want to see the single-player campaign in Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 and I know Ariel and I will be doing some co-op gaming as well, probably finishing up Resident Evil 6 and more of the Borderlands 2 DLC since we got the season pass.
- John Keefer: I actually got a bit accomplished in the past week. I finished Borderlands 2 and had some fun with Little Inferno. Now I think I’m going to dive into Assassin's Creed 3 for the PC. That should take a huge chunk of time.
- Andrew Yoon: I’m still working on a few Wii U reviews, including ZombiU and Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed. In my spare time, I hope to jump into XCOM: Enemy Unknown and finish off The Walking Dead.
- Alice O'Connor: I'm not allowed to play Dishonored, Hotline Miami, or any of the cool fun hip groovy new games I've got until I Just Write Some Ruddy Words Alice, so I'll be sullenly playing Dota 2. Also, I'm helping run a few real-world games, because digital is so '97.
- Jeff Mattas: Now that I’ve wrapped up Far Cry 3’s single-player campaign, I’ll be checking out some Hitman: Absolution, finishing up Assassin’s Creed 3 and Dishonored, and getting back to Halo 4. Plus, turkey!
- Steve Watts: I plan to spend this Thanksgiving weekend trying out New Super Mario Bros. U, continuing my slow crawl through Halo 4, and throwing down online in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale. The holidays are all about forgetting our differences and coming together, right?
- Ozzie Mejia: I'm making out like a bandit this Black Friday, picking up Assassin's Creed 3, Need For Speed: Most Wanted, Borderlands 2, Dishonored, Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two, LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes, Dance Central 3, Halo 4, WWE '13, the Sly Collection, the Ratchet and Clank Collection, and the Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation Vita bundle. Oh, and my Wii U is still sitting there from last Sunday. Where do I begin?
- Tyler J. Smith: The ending of The Walking Dead makes me want to play the entire apocalyptic season again. Instead, I think I'll save it for a few more weeks to play in the odd interlude of the post-holiday release schedule. If you've been following my adventures in Late Night Computing, you'll know I have an appointment with some Templar scum in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.
Tyler J. Smith posted a new article, What are you playing: Thanksgiving edition.
The holiday season is officially upon us, Shackers. Since many of you are on vacation from work or school for Thanksgiving, what are you all playing?
Planetside 2, MWO and The Witcher (also a bit of Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars on 3DS)
Just finished the last EP 5 of The Walking Dead... So sad for it to end, but what a GAME! GOTY for sure!
Friend just bought me Endless Space on the Steam Winter Sale, so I'm starting that.
MWO and more MWO.
Borderlands 2 Torque DLC
League of Legends
Blops 2 multiplayer
...and probably Walking Dead and some Starcraft 2
Planetside 2 along with a little Planetside 2.
Then Ill probably finish the night off with a few hours of Planetside 2.