Harmonix is trying something a little different with Dance Central 3: a fully realized campaign story spanning decades, all centered around going back in time to stop a master criminal from destroying dancing. You might notice that the plot sounds amazingly hokey, and that seems like half the fun.
Players will be members of Dance Central Intelligence (DCI), and travel through time to learn dance moves from the 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, and "beyond" to stop the evil Dr. Tan. In practice, this means the campaign will let you unlock new power moves and decode dance "crazes" from different eras. Harmonix also revealed nine more tracks for the game today:
- Afrojack ft. Eva Simons - "Take Over Control"
- Alexandra Stan - "Mr. Saxobeat"
- Ciara ft. Missy Elliott - "1, 2 Step"
- Cupid - "Cupid Shuffle"
- Daft Punk - "Around The World"
- Dev ft. The Cataracts - "Bass Down Low"
- Enur ft. Natasja - "Calabria 2008"
- Martin Solveig ft. Dragonette - "Hello"
- The Trammps Disco Inferno"
Dance Central 3 is due on October 16, to fulfill all your boogie-ing needs.
Steve Watts posted a new article, Dance Central 3 'Story Mode' detailed.
Harmonix has detailed its story mode for Dance Central 3, and revealed nine new tracks you'll get down to in the decade-spanning adventure.