If you were one of the lucky ones that was able to attend ShackCon 2.0 this year, you'll know what a great event it turned out to be. If you weren't there, then you also realized that the advertising slogan for Las Vegas is really a lie. At ShackCon, whatever happens in Vegas shows up on Chatty for the whole world to see.
While Shacknews covered the event in proper fashion over the weekend, we also found an interesting story at the Pinball Hall of Fame, where proprietor Tim Arnold has carved a loving niche for the old-school pinball lovers.
But while we covered the show in an official capacity, Chatty was rife with the unofficial observations of the attendees, giving those unfortunate enough not to be there an insiders look at some of the more interesting happenings:
- Breakfast was a regular event: hirez had a birthday and service at the hotel restaurant was an adventure the entire time.
- And if it wasn't breakfast, then it was In-n-Out, the Wicked Spoon Buffet, or tacos at 3 a.m.
- H@rvester posted updates in the beginning of the get-together. Some even arrived earlier.
- nyranger66 had an unfortunate adventure when he accidentally high-fived a marquee light bulb Vegas strip.
- Then there is always BlackCat9's final write-up.
There was much more, but suffice it to say that planning for next year's event should commence soon after recovery has ended. Derp!
John Keefer posted a new article, Community Spotlight: ShackCon ends, recovery begins.
ShackCon 2.0 comes to an end today, and whether you were there in person or following the antics in Chatty, a good time was had by all. The good news, no one was banned from Vegas. Check out the recap.
Shackcon was awesome everyone! Thanks for coming. So many memorable moments! Cya all next year!