Why didn't I bring my gun to this sword fight?
[This Risen 2: Dark Waters review is based on a digital PC retail version of the game, provided by the publisher.]
Jeff Mattas posted a new article, Risen 2: Dark Waters review.
I set sail with the PC version of Risen 2: Dark Waters, Piranha Bytes pirate-themed RPG, and see if some fun can be plundered from its seven-island adventure.
The recent patch did many good things for the game. Dodge enabled etc.
It sure sounds like a number of issues I had with the game are being addressed in the patch that just dropped today. Being able to block creature attacks and dodge seem would be pretty significant improvements.
Combat patch out now!!!
It's a classic PB game, and its great. Bucket loads of atmosphere, good music, amazing level design and feel with solid RPG mechanics. Combat could be better but it's not meant to be demon souls.
The new patch makes the combat really quite fun though!
Oh shit, cool, what does the patch do looking now....
MASSIVE! thanks for the heads up:
- Players can now block most attacks by monsters
- Player has a "dodge" move in the fight - double press the arrow keys while holding the right mouse button / goose-mode Y + stick right / left / back to controller
Balance / Tweaks
- Are created only a maximum of ten autosaves
- Improvement in the attack behavior of the monster AI
- Improvement in attack behavior when characters were attacked from behind
- Improvement in the representation of vegetation
- Improving the visibility of objects
- Improving the representation of the terrain
- Guns sabotage in Puerto Isabella is now much simpler
- Dealer of the Sword Coast now sells rum
- Exploit removed while shooting mini-game
- Increases hit points of Mara
- Steelbeard's Hat can no longer be sold
- Trees flicker in the distance is no longer on NVidia cards
- Solve problems with video cards in SLI
- Fixed crash when using a 7.1 sound system
- Fixed rare crashes occurring when climbing
- Fixed bug with "return to the ship" option
- Fixed an error when it rains indoors
- Crew members can no longer be killed by monsters
- Players will now receive the item-Fools juice after brewing
- Fixed an error in the learning of specific skills
- Various exploits removed