The PlayStation Blog gives the details. The collection includes Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage 2, Golden Axe 2, Comix Zone, and Altered Beast. The games will be doled out one at a time, starting in March and wrapping up in August. Each of the six games in the collection will feature Trophies.
Plus subscribers will receive the games for free for the first month, and two weeks earlier than non-Plus members. The original Sonic is the exception, which will be available a full month earlier for Plus users. Check out the list of release dates after the break.
- PlayStation Plus releases (free)
- Sonic the Hedgehog - March 1 - April 5
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - April 5 - May 3
- Streets of Rage 2 - May 3 - May 31
- Golden Axe 2 - May 31 - July 5
- Comix Zone - July 5 - August 2
- Altered Beast - August 2 - August 30
- PlayStation Store releases ($4.99 each)
- Sonic the Hedgehog - March 29
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - April 19
- Streets of Rage 2 - May 17
- Golden Axe 2 - June 14
- Comix Zone - July 19
- Altered Beast - August 16
"Guys guys, I just had this crazy idea. Maybe people will subscribe to our service if we actually give them things they would want!"
"That's so crazy it just might work!"
Or make online multiplayer a subscriber-only feature so they have no choice! Yeah!