Mafia 2 Screens Are Pretty, Intimidating

15

Another five screenshots of 2K Czech's open-world mobster simulator sequel Mafia 2 have appeared, showcasing the game's use of weapons and shiny cars.

Known as Illusion Softworks prior to its acquisition by 2K Games, the studio is planning to release Mafia 2 on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, though no release estimate has been announced.

From The Chatty
  • reply
    March 7, 2008 8:21 AM

    My god that game is looking pretty good. The first mafia was so much fun

    except for the car race, that part can die in a fire.

    • reply
      March 7, 2008 8:25 AM

      I loved the game and you know the game is great when the only bad part was a stupid little race in the middle of the game. Everything else was just perfection.

      And we know they learned from their mistake, so those damn races had better be gone or optional.

      I'm so excited for this game.

      • reply
        March 7, 2008 8:39 AM

        yeah the shootout scene in the church and the ensuing race across the rooftops was executed beautifully.

    • reply
      March 7, 2008 8:25 AM

      yea car's sucked ass in Mafia it made me want to quit.

      • reply
        March 7, 2008 8:34 AM

        This is how I felt about Saints Row. Such an awesome game, but driving cars was the opposite of fun.

    • mem legacy 10 years
      reply
      March 7, 2008 8:29 AM

      What was so hard about the car race? I managed to pass it on first try, with plenty of time to spare..

      • reply
        March 7, 2008 8:38 AM

        you know its been so long its hard to remember, I guess some people had an easy time of it but I remember it was something about a brutally unforgiving race where one mess up meant repeat. Plus racing with keyboard keys does not equal fun.

        I think they actually released a patch either lowering the difficulty of the race or making it optional.

      • reply
        March 7, 2008 8:40 AM

        there's always one!

        look, the car race was obviously difficult for most people. didn't the release a patch layer to make it optional, or was there some kind of cheat code to beat it? point is, we can't all be as massively skilled as you and the majority of people who played it had a real hard time with the race. i just remember saying to myself "why am i even doing this? can't i go back to taking out goombas?"

      • reply
        March 7, 2008 9:36 AM

        The ai was so incredibly cheap. I had it on my 2nd or 3rd try but the ai had a speed boost towards if you were first so it wasn't really about how good you were at it.

      • reply
        March 7, 2008 10:15 AM

        You had to use brakes which I think some people find difficult. J/K

      • reply
        March 8, 2008 4:32 PM

        We're part of a group of 10% that passed it on the first try. The other 90% uninstalled the game.

    • reply
      March 7, 2008 10:28 AM

      Most of the people bitching about the difficulty of the race mission were probably using a keyboard. Sidewinder Precision Pro FTW!

    • reply
      March 7, 2008 8:29 PM

      it was because you had to drive like 10 minutes to the race mission.

      then the race itself took like 10 minutes if I remembr correctly. I got pissed too.

Hello, Meet Lola