Romance guide - Cyberpunk 2077
Everything you need to know to win the hearts of Night City's most eligible is right here in our romance guide for Cyberpunk 2077.
There is plenty to do in Night City. From checking out the coolest haunts, to catching bad guys, or just chilling with your favorite character and enjoying a beer. If you’re looking to slow down a bit and find a little bit of love for V, then we can help. This romance guide will contain everything you need to know to win the hearts of Night City’s finest in Cyberpunk 2077.
Romance guide - Cyberpunk 2077
Before we get too in-depth in things, we do want to go ahead and give a quick warning. This guide contains spoilers for Cyberpunk 2077’s story and some of its side quests. As such, those looking to experience the story without any kind of previously known information will want to turn away now, before it’s too late. This is your only warning. Keep scrolling to learn more.
There are a few different romance options for players to pursue, though not all of them count as primary romance options. We’ve broken down all of the options below, including some secondary ones, so let’s take a look.
How to romance Judy Alvarez
The first option on our list, and probably one that many players will pursue, is Judy Alvarez. Judy is one of the first characters that you’ll meet early in the game, and she can play an important part throughout the rest of the main campaign. Unfortunately for the male Vs out there, Judy can only be romanced by a V that has a feminine body type and a feminine voice tone.
You’ll first meet Judy during the build up to the heist to steal the Relic. As a friend of Evelyn’s, she doesn’t seem to like you all that much at first. This quickly fades, especially as you pursue Evelyn after the heist goes pear shaped.
After coming to terms with the fact that Johnny Silverhand is stuck inside your head, you’ll start hunting down a way to remove him without killing yourself in the process. This is when you can meet up with Judy again and start pursuing the romantic relationship a bit. Work through the quest Automatic Love, which has you tracking down Evelyn. Be sure to follow any optional tidbits about Judy, like calling her as you learn more about the situation.
Once the Evelyn situation has been handled, Judy moves into helping you out with side jobs, including an entire story arc that you can pursue with her. This arc begins with the job Ex-Factor, and will continue through multiple quests, including Talkin’ ‘Bout a Revolution. There are a few key moments you'll want to keep in mind when trying to romance Judy.
- Refuse to go along with Maiko's plan (or refuse her money) during the Pisces side job.
- Agree to Judy's invitations in side quest Pyramid Song and go diving with her. Then choose to stay in the bungalow with her.
- Kiss Judy when given the opportunity to in the bathroom.
- Join Judy on the balcony the next morning and say the beginning of something amazing to start the relationship.
Selecting the first option will start a relationship with Judy, completing the process and winning you Judy’s heart. Starting a relationship with Judy can have implications on the ending that you unlock in Cyberpunk 2077, so keep that in mind when making your final decision.
How to romance Panam Palmer
The second major romance option in Cyberpunk 2077 comes in the form of Panam Palmer, a nomad that you’ll meet when tracking down Anders Hellman. Panam doesn’t hold back and you’ll need a V with a male body type if you want to steal her nomadic heart.
Your time with Panam begins during a mission that sees you going after a transport that Rogue believes could hold Anders Hellman, the man that Johnny and V believe could help lead them to a solution for the Relic. You can test your romantic luck with Panam during the quest, but the real nitty gritty of the pursuit doesn’t begin until later on, after Panam starts contacting you about side jobs.
- During the quest Riders on the Storm make sure to flirt with Panam.
- Later during With a Little Help From My Friends, do not disclose Panam's plan to Saul at the start of the quest.
- Do not imply that you're helping Panam with the money during With a Little Help From My Friends.
- Finally, during the quest Queen of the Highway, accept Panam's offer by selecting "Oh yeah. Let's go" to start the neural synchronization.
Though Panam isn’t looking for any kind of long-term relationship like you might get with Judy or other characters, getting close to her will open up some additional ending opportunities for the main storyline.
How to romance Kerry
The third romance option on our list comes in the form of Kerry, one of Johnny Silverhand’s former bandmates. Kerry isn’t someone that you’ll cross paths with during the main storyline, so make sure you explore any side jobs that involve both Rogue and Johnny to pick up this option. You’ll also need to be a V with a masculine body and voice type, so female Vs don’t need to worry about this one.
During the missions with Rogue and Johnny, you’ll find yourself tasked with breaking into Kerry’s house and eventually trying to get the band back together for one final gig. Follow through these and then Kerry will reach out to you with another set of missions down the line.
- During Off the Leash go in for a kiss while chatting with Kerry at the rooftop bar.
- During the next quest Boat Drinks, choose to kiss Kerry when he asks you to help him inside the yacht.
- If you want a relationship, make sure to choose that option during the dialogue on the beach after the boat trip.
How to romance River Ward
Much like Kerry, this romance option is only available if you explore some of the side missions and gigs that come in. During the I Fought the Law side quest, you’ll meet River Ward, who is also looking into a case that you’ve been hired to figure out. You can only romance River if you’re rocking a female body type, so keep that in mind before trying to pursue.
After tying up the mystery, River will come to you needing some additional help. Here's a brief overview of the choices you need to make to steal his heart.
- Make sure to save Randy during The Hunt side job.
- During the final conversation in The Hunt, make sure you select dialogue options that show your interest in River as a romantic option.
- During Following the River, kiss River both times you are given the opportunity to do so.
- Finally, choose "I feel good around you", when he asks you where things are going the next morning.
Romance River Ward won't open any additional ending options.
Alt, another character that you’ll spend much of the game chasing down, isn’t really a romance option in the standard format. Instead, players will get to see plenty of romancing with Alt during their flashbacks to Johnny’s past. These flashbacks are used to flesh out the story a bit and while not super meaningful, Alt does play an important part in the game's final moments.
While it might be surprising to see this name on the list, there is a small chance to romance Stout after the big heist goes down in Act 1. Your gender or Lifepath choice aren't important here, so you can play whoever you want. You’ll will need to ensure that Stout is the one that prevails after completing The Pick Up and grabbing the flathead. There are a couple of ways to make this happen.
- Meet with Stout and accept the infected credchip.
- Then head to the Maelstrom hideout and meet with Royce and his crew.
- Hand over the infected credchip to buy the Flathead or choose to shoot Royce during the conversation.
- Both above options will result in Stout prevailing and taking credit for the bust.
- Continue into Act 2 and complete main story missions until Stout reaches out.
- Select the wanted to see your ink option to spark a bit of a romantic flame with Stout.
- Head to the hotel and have a fun night.
There's no relationship option for Stout, as this is just a one night stand. However, you can get your hands on a unique weapon called the Sir John Phallustiff.
The Queen of the Afterlife herself is probably the last person you’d expect to see on this list, but here she is. While not a core romance option, players will have some opportunities to let Johnny take over and pursue a bit of dating with Rogue down the line. It’s not a full blown relationship, but completing these side missions does unlock one of the ending paths for the game.
Now that you know all the romance options in Cyberpunk 2077, make sure you check out our main Cyberpunk 2077 guide for more help.
Josh Hawkins posted a new article, Romance guide - Cyberpunk 2077