An heir is born. Crusader Kings 3 has been officially revealed at PDXCON 2019. The game is set to release in 2020 on Steam and Xbox Game Pass for PC. Check out the announcement trailer.
“Crusader Kings III is a grand medieval simulator where you are free to live out any plausible ruler fantasy that we could think of - but not without challenge.” says Game Director Henrik Fåhraeus. “Seeing its predecessor explode in popularity was very satisfying, especially considering that user friendliness was never our primary goal. Now we have a chance to address an even larger audience.”
Crusader Kings 3 aims to be the ultimate grand strategy role-playing experience.
- Shape Your Dynasty: Guide unique characters through history, choosing lifestyles best suited to their personalities and your ambitions.
- Rewrite Medieval History: Dynasties will change and adapt to changes in family and politics, and religious beliefs are more firmly under your control.
- Build a Mighty Kingdom: Use your vassals’ fear of you as a weapon or call on familial obligations to persuade reluctant relatives to submit.
- Experience High Drama: Stranger than fiction stories leap off the screen, as characters plot against you and events push you to extremes.
- Learn as You Go: Guided advice to help newcomers navigate a rich medieval world. In-game suggestions tip you off to paths you might not have considered.
- The Usual Crusader Kings Fun: Keep a stubborn council in line, scheme against your overbearing uncle or marry the rich duchy...oops, I mean pious duke or duchess of your dreams.
Paradox Development Studios wasn't done with the fun PDXCON 2019 announcements. The studio announced that the base game of Crusader Kings 2 is now free on all platforms. "Prepare your trusty steed and rally your banners.The troubadours are ready to sing your songs," says the press release. There will be a lot more information about features and gameplay revealed in the next few months according to Paradox, so keep an eye out on Shacknews for Crusader Kings 3 news as it breaks.
Asif Khan posted a new article, Crusader Kings 3 announced at PDXCON 2019
Makes sense that the base game went free to play.