Prison Architect - Psych Ward: Warden's Edition DLC announced
Prison Architect fans are getting some new DLC. Find out more from their PDXCON 2019 announcements.
The PDXCON 2019 live stream was full of awesome announcements, and Prison Architect fans got some juicy news. The latest DLC expansion for the game Psych Ward:M Warden's Edition was announced today. The DLC will launch on PC on November 21, 2019 and will cost $5.99. Please take a look at the announcement trailer from PDXCON 19.
“Psych Ward: Warden’s Edition is built to enhance Prison Architect’s existing gameplay mechanics to give players new and interesting ways to experience the game,” Steacy McIlwham, Product Manager for Prison Architect at Paradox, said. “Each feature in this expansion brings its own set of scenarios and opportunities that require players to get creative with their prison management. Psych Ward: Warden’s Edition is just the start of our plans for Prison Architect, we have much more in the works that you’ll hear about soon.”
Psych Ward: Warden’s Edition Key Features
- Plead Insanity: Criminally insane inmates are unpredictable, require special care, and have their own Reputation traits for you to consider when building your prison. Let them co-exist with the general population or lock them away in a padded cell, how you manage their needs is up to you!
- Shrinks: Any prison holding the criminally insane needs a team of Psychiatrists and trained Orderlies to keep everything under control. These valuable prison staff can sedate rowdy prisoners or pull out the straitjackets when things get too rough.
- Doctor’s Note: Provide counseling to the criminally insane with the new Psychiatrist’s Office and new consultation Programs. Improve their sessions by upgrading the office with leather sofas, medicine cabinets, Rorschach tests, and more.
- Good Behavior: Your inmates now have a wide range of behaviors players will need to manage. They start out harmless, but if left untreated, they can turn violent or attempt to escape.
- It’s Gone Viral: Treat your regular inmates with care. Subjecting your inmates to excessive suppression or punishment can cause them to turn criminally insane.
- Extra Padding: Psych Ward: Warden’s Edition adds padded cells and padded floors along with a bundle of other new objects, floors, and wall types to customize your prison. Now you can easily build a dedicated wing for the criminally insane.
- Tools of the Trade: Additional contraband, including Adrenaline Shots, Fountain Pens (Shanks), and Gold Pocket Watches, can be stolen by your prisoners, or by you in Escape Mode.
Paradox Interactive and Double Eleven also revealed that they are already working on additonal Prison Architect DLC that will ship some time in 2020. They even posted a handy dandy trailer. Check it out.
For now, we can look forward to the Psych Ward: Warden's Edition DLC expansion that ships on November 21, 2019. It will be launching on PC, Mac, and Linux too. Keep it locked on Shacknews for more news from PDXCON 2019.
Asif Khan posted a new article, Prison Architect - Psych Ward: Warden's Edition DLC announced